West's Annotated Code of Maryland
Business Regulation (Refs & Annos)
Title 1. Definitions; General Provisions (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle 4. Trademarks, Service Marks, and Trade Names (Refs & Annos)
Effective: October 1, 2020
MD Code, Business Regulation, § 1-409
§ 1-409. Certificate of registration
(a) The Secretary of State shall register the mark of and issue a certificate of registration to each applicant who meets the requirements of this subtitle.
(b) The Secretary of State shall include on each certificate of registration:
(1) the signature of the Secretary of State, under the seal of the Secretary of State;
(2) the name of the registrant;
(3) the business of the registrant;
(4) the address of the registrant;
(5) for a registrant that is a corporation, the state of incorporation;
(6) the date that the registrant claims to have first used the mark anywhere;
(7) the date that the registrant claims to have first used the mark in the State;
(8) a description of the goods or services with which the registrant uses the mark;
(9) the class under § 1-405 of this subtitle to which the goods or services belong;
(10) a full description of the mark;
(11) the date of registration; and
(12) the term of registration.
Added by Acts 1992, c. 4, § 2. Amended by Acts 1994, c. 22, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 1994; Acts 2020, c. 501, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2020.
Formerly Art. 41, § 3-104.
Current through all legislation from the 2022 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.