(a) In this section, “regulated counselor or therapist” means:
(1) A licensed clinical alcohol and drug counselor;
(2) A licensed clinical marriage and family therapist;
(3) A licensed clinical professional art therapist;
(4) A licensed clinical professional counselor;
(5) A licensed graduate alcohol and drug counselor;
(6) A licensed graduate marriage and family therapist;
(7) A licensed graduate professional art therapist;
(8) A licensed graduate professional counselor;
(9) A certified professional counselor-alcohol and drug counselor;
(10) A certified associate counselor-alcohol and drug counselor;
(11) A certified supervised counselor-alcohol and drug counselor;
(12) A certified professional counselor-marriage and family therapist; and
(13) A certified professional counselor.
Status during investigation
(b) Unless the Board agrees to accept the surrender of a license or certificate, while the licensee or certificate holder is under investigation or while charges are pending against the licensee or certificate holder, a regulated counselor or therapist may not:
(1) Surrender the license or certificate; or
(2) Allow the license or certificate to lapse by operation of law.
(c) The Board may set conditions on its agreement with the regulated counselor or therapist under investigation or against whom charges are pending to accept surrender of the license or certificate.
Added by Acts 2008, c. 505, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2008. Amended by Acts 2012, c. 628, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2012; Acts 2012, c. 629, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2012.
MD Code, Health Occupations, § 17-508, MD HEALTH OCCUP § 17-508
Current with legislation effective through July 1, 2023, from the 2023 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.