§ 11308. Advisory Committees.
5 CA ADC § 11308BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 1. California Department of Education
Chapter 11. Special Programs
Subchapter 4. English Language Learner Education
5 CCR § 11308
§ 11308. Advisory Committees.
(a) School district advisory committees on programs and services for English learners shall be established in each school district with more than 50 English learners in attendance. School advisory committees on education programs and services for English learners shall be established in each school with more than 20 English learners in attendance. Both school district and school advisory committees shall be established in accordance with Education Code section 62002.5.
(b) The parents or guardians of English learners shall elect the parent members of the school advisory committee (or subcommittee, if appropriate). The parents shall be provided the opportunity to vote in the election. Each school advisory committee shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the School District Advisory Committee, except that school districts with more than 30 school advisory committees may use a system of proportional or regional representation.
(c) School District Advisory Committees shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
(1) Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site master plans.
(2) Conducting of a district wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
(3) Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
(4) Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
(5) Administration of the annual language census.
(6) Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
(7) Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians pursuant to this subchapter.
(d) School districts shall provide all members of school district and school advisory committees with appropriate training materials and training which will assist them in carrying out their responsibilities pursuant to subsection (c). Training provided advisory committee members in accordance with this subsection shall be planned in full consultation with the members, and funds provided under this chapter may be used to meet the costs of providing the training to include the costs associated with the attendance of the members at training sessions.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 33031 and 62000.2, Education Code. Reference: Sections 313, 62002 and 62002.5, Education Code.
1. New section filed 1-8-2003; operative 1-8-2003 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2003, No. 2).
This database is current through 4/6/18 Register 2018, No. 14
5 CCR § 11308, 5 CA ADC § 11308
|End of Document||© 2018 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|