§ 1957. Public Safety Dispatcher Verbal, Reasoning, Memory, and Perceptual Abilities Assessment...
11 CA ADC § 1957BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
11 CCR § 1957
§ 1957. Public Safety Dispatcher Verbal, Reasoning, Memory, and Perceptual Abilities Assessment.
(a) Every public safety dispatcher candidate shall demonstrate verbal, reasoning, memory, and perceptual abilities at levels necessary to perform the job. Satisfactory completion of this requirement may occur at any time prior to appointment, and shall be demonstrated by one of the following:
(1) Completion of the POST Entry-Level Dispatcher Selection Test Battery or alternative job-related tests of these abilities, administered by either the hiring department or another entity, with a score deemed acceptable by the hiring department. All tests must include assessments of the following:
This ability includes written and oral comprehension (the ability to read passages and listen to orally-imparted information and retrieve facts, draw conclusions, and derive meaning); and written expression (the ability to use language to convey information clearly in writing).
This ability includes at least one of the following:
1. Deductive reasoning - the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to attain logical answers, or
2. Information ordering - the ability to correctly follow a given rule or set of rules to arrange things or actions in a certain order.
This ability includes the capacity to store and retrieve facts, details, and other information.
This ability includes speed and accuracy (the ability to quickly and accurately compare letters and numbers presented orally and in written form); and time sharing (the ability to shift back and forth between two or more sources of information, both written and orally-imparted, in performing a task or set of tasks).
(2) Proof of possession of a valid California POST Public Safety Dispatcher Basic Certificate.
(3) Proof of successful completion of the POST-certified Public Safety Dispatcher Basic Course (80 hours minimum) and completion of probation as a public safety dispatcher during previous employment.
(b) A department that uses the POST Entry-Level Dispatcher Selection Test Battery must have a current Test Use and Security Agreement (03/2010), herein incorporated by reference, on file with POST.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 13503, 13506 and 13510, Penal Code. Reference: Section 13510, Penal Code.
1. Change without regulatory effect renumbering and amending former section 9057 to new section 1957 filed 11-26-2012 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2012, No. 48).
This database is current through 11/13/20 Register 2020, No. 46
11 CCR § 1957, 11 CA ADC § 1957
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|