§ 11303. Reclassification.
5 CA ADC § 11303BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 1. California Department of Education
Chapter 11. Special Programs
Subchapter 4. English Language Learner Education
5 CCR § 11303
§ 11303. Reclassification.
The reclassification procedures used to reclassify a pupil from English learner to proficient in English shall include, but not be limited to, a responsible administrative mechanism for the effective and efficient conduct of the language reclassification process, which shall include each of the following procedural components:
(a) Assessment of language proficiency using the English language development test, as provided for by Education Code section 60810 pursuant to the procedures for conducting that test provided in Subchapter 7.5 (commencing with Section 11510).
(b) Participation of the pupil's classroom teacher and any other certificated staff with direct responsibility for teaching or placement decisions of the pupil.
(c) Parental involvement through:
(1) Notice to parent(s) or guardian(s) of language reclassification and placement, including a description of the reclassification process and the parent's opportunity to participate; and
(2) Encouragement of the participation of parent(s) or guardian(s) in the school district's reclassification procedure, including seeking their opinion and consultation during the reclassification process.
(d) Until the statewide, empirically-established range of performance in basic English/language arts skills is established as required by Education Code section 313(d)(4), evaluation of the pupil's performance as specified in Section 11302(b).
Note: Authority cited: Section 33031, Education Code. Reference: Section 313, Education Code.
1. New section filed 7-23-98 as an emergency; operative 7-23-98 (Register 98, No. 30). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 11-20-98 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Amendment of subsection (a)(3) filed 8-10-98 as an emergency; operative 8-10-98 (Register 98, No. 33). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 12-7-98 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 7-23-98 order and 8-10-98 order, including amendment of subsections (b) and (c), transmitted to OAL 11-19-98 and filed 12-30-98 (Register 99, No. 1).
4. Renumbering of former section 11303 to section 11309 and new section 11303 filed 1-8-2003; operative 1-8-2003 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2003, No. 2).
This database is current through 4/6/18 Register 2018, No. 14
5 CCR § 11303, 5 CA ADC § 11303
|End of Document||© 2018 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|