§ 425. Definitions.
2 CA ADC § 425BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 2. Administration
Division 1. Administrative Personnel
Chapter 1. State Personnel Board
Subchapter 1.3. Classifications, Examinations, and Appointments
Article 19. Transfer
2 CCR § 425
§ 425. Definitions.
The following definitions shall apply to salary and class level comparisons made under this Chapter:
(a) “Salary Rate” means:
(1) Any one of the full dollar amounts found within the salary ranges established by the Department for employees compensated on a monthly basis.
(2) Any one of the dollar and cents amounts found within the salary range established by the Department for employees compensated on a daily or hourly basis.
(b) “Salary range” means the range of salary rates between and including the minimum and maximum salary rates currently authorized for the classification.
(c) “Substantially the same salary range or salary level” means the maximum salary rate of the salary range of one class or, if applicable, the maximum salary rate of the alternate range of one deep class, is less than two steps higher than or is the same as the maximum salary rate of the salary range of another class or, if applicable, the maximum salary rate of the alternate range of another deep class.
(d) “Promotional salary relationship, range or level” means the maximum rate of the salary range of one class or, if applicable, the maximum salary rate of the alternate range of one deep class, is at least two steps higher than the maximum rate of the salary range of another class or, if applicable, the maximum salary rate of the alternate range of another deep class.
(e) Unless otherwise provided by resolution of the Board, “step” means:
(1) A five percent differential above or below a salary rate that is rounded to the nearest dollar for employees compensated on a monthly basis. Where the five percent differential is calculated and results in a dollar amount with 50 cents or above, the resulting dollar amount shall be rounded up to the nearest dollar, and where the cents are .49 or less, the resulting dollar amount shall be rounded down to the nearest dollar.
(2) A five percent differential above or below a salary rate rounded to the nearest dollar and cents amount for employees compensated on a daily or hourly basis.
(f) “Class series” means any vertically related group of classes, covering the same occupational specialty and same program area, which constitute a primary promotional pattern for a specifically identifiable group of employees.
(g) “From class” for the purposes of transfer eligibility includes any permanent list appointment or current class if placed in a status range of a deep class.
(h) “Current class” means the classification of the position currently held by the employee.
(i) “Deep class” means a single classification in which every position allocated to that classification can be assigned any duty within the class concept. Deep classes include alternate ranges where employees gain status in each status range, and each status range is considered a separate class for salary comparison purposes.
(j) “Status range” are ranges established through Board resolution for deep classes and the range has status that can be used to make salary calculations and comparisons.
(k) “Alternate range” or “alternate salary range” are used interchangeably and mean an additional range of pay established for a classification.
(l) “Established upward mobility pattern” means classifications that provide a pattern of upward mobility for employees in low-paying occupations, as required by Government Code section 19400 et seq.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 18502, 18701 and 19050, Government Code. Reference: Sections 18525.3, 19050 and 19050.4, Government Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 3-4-2020; operative 7-1-2020 pursuant to Government Code section 18211. Submitted to OAL for filing and printing only pursuant to Government Code sections 18211 and 18213 (Register 2020, No. 10). For prior history, see Registers 89, No. 1; 77, No. 15; and 68, No. 13.
This database is current through 6/4/21 Register 2021, No. 23
2 CCR § 425, 2 CA ADC § 425
|End of Document|