(a) The Board may withdraw its approval of a provider or deny a provider application for causes which include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Conviction of a felony or any offense substantially related to the activities of a provider.
(2) Failure to comply with any provision of Chapter 6, Division 2, of the Business and Professions Code and/or Chapter 14 of Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations.
(b) Any material misrepresentation of fact by a continuing education provider or applicant in any information required to be submitted to the Board is grounds for withdrawal of approval or denial of an application.
(c) The board may withdraw its approval of a provider after giving the provider written notice setting forth its reason for withdrawal and after affording a reasonable opportunity to be heard by the board or its designee after thirty (30) days written notice of the specific charges to be heard.
(d) Should the BRN deny the provider approval, applicant has the opportunity to formally appeal the action to the Board within a thirty (30) day period.
Note: Authority cited: Section 2715, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 2811.5, Business and Professions Code.
1. New section filed 12-18-81; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 81, No. 51).
2. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 3-23-84; effective upon filing pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.2(d) (Register 84, No. 12).
3. Amendment of subsection (a)(2) filed 2-1-96; operative 3-2-96 (Register 96, No. 5).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 16, § 1459.1, 16 CA ADC § 1459.1