§ 1280. Definitions.
3 CA ADC § 1280BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
3 CCR § 1280
§ 1280. Definitions.
(a) The following definitions are supplemental to the definitions specified in Food and Agricultural Code section 24001 and are used specific to this chapter:
(1) “Therapeutic drugs or medicines” means drugs or medicines prescribed for use by a licensed veterinarian for the treatment of a diagnosed illness or injury.
(2) “Permissible drugs or medicines” means therapeutic drugs or medicines or drugs and medicines found in a sample within the established maximum detectable plasma or urine levels.
(3) “Prohibited substance” means:
(A) Permissible drugs or medicines that exceed established maximum detectable plasma or urine levels;
(B) Therapeutic drugs or medicines used without a prescription for use by a licensed veterinarian for treatment of illness or injury; or
(C) Any stimulant, depressant, tranquilizer, anesthetic, including local anesthetic, sedative, analgesic, corticosteroid excluding dexamethasone, anabolic steroid, or masking agent administered within 24 hours before competition or 72 hours before public sale.
(D) Any anabolic steroid administered within 90 days before a competition or sale.
(E) Fluphenazine or reserpine administered within 45 days before a competition or sale.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 407 and 24013, Food and Agricultural Code. Reference: Sections 24001 and 24011, Food and Agricultural Code.
1. New section filed 12-5-2013 as an emergency; operative 1-1-2014 (Register 2013, No. 49). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 6-30-2014 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day. For prior history, see Register 85, No. 26.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 12-5-2013 order transmitted to OAL 4-2-2014 and filed 5-14-2014 (Register 2014, No. 20).
3. New subsections (a)(3)(D)-(E) and amendment of Note filed 10-22-2015; operative 1-1-2016 (Register 2015, No. 43).
This database is current through 3/13/20 Register 2020, No. 11
3 CCR § 1280, 3 CA ADC § 1280
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|