§ 4035. Applicant Information.
11 CA ADC § 4035BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
11 CCR § 4035
§ 4035. Applicant Information.
(a) Once a CFARS account has been created, the initial application form for a COE is located on CFARS under the link “Certificate of Eligibility (COE).”
(b) Initial COE applicants shall electronically provide the following information to complete the application:
(1) Applicant's full name; driver license type and number or California identification number; date of birth; residence street address; phone number; gender; ATI number; business type(s); United States citizenship; if not a United States citizen, the country of citizenship and the federal Alien Registration Number or federal I-94 number. The application shall also require additional information requesting responses to questions asking the applicant if he or she: 1) is a current COE holder; and 2) has submitted COE fingerprint impressions through a live scan provider, as required by section 4032.5 of these regulations.
(A) If applicant is applying for a COE as an employee of a California Firearms Dealer (CFD), applicant shall provide the name of the dealer, the dealer address, the dealer store number if applicable, the dealer's CFD number, and the COE number provided by the employer.
(B) If applicant is applying for a COE as an employee of a California Ammunition Vendor (CAV), applicant shall provide the name of the ammunition vendor, the ammunition vendor address, the ammunition vendor store number if applicable, the vendor's CAV number, and the COE number provided by the employer.
(C) If applicant is applying for a COE as an employee of both a CFD and a CAV, the applicant shall list only the CFD information as specified in subdivision (b)(1)(A) of this section.
(2) Applicant shall agree to the following Department Privacy Notice:
(B) Providing Personal Information: all the personal information requested must be provided. If you fail to provide all personal information requested, your application will not be accepted.
(C) Access to Your Information: you may review the records maintained by the Division of Law Enforcement, Bureau of Firearms in the Department of Justice that contain your personal information, as permitted by the Information Practices Act. See below for contact information.
(D) Possible Disclosure of Personal Information: in order to establish grounds for the issuance of the certificate, we may need to share the information you provide us with any Bureau of Firearms representative or other person designated by the Attorney General upon request. The information provided may also be disclosed in the following circumstances:
(i) With other persons or agencies when necessary to perform their legal duties, and their use of your information is compatible and complies with state law, such as for investigations, licensing, certification, or regulatory purposes;
(ii) To another government agency as required by state or federal law.
(E) Contact Information: for questions about this notice or access to your records, you may contact the Staff Services Analyst at the Bureau of Firearms at (916) 210-2300, via email email@example.com, or by mail at P.O. Box 160487 Sacramento, CA 95816-0487.
(3) Applicant shall agree to the following personal declaration:
(A) I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct. I expressly authorize the Department of Justice (DOJ) to perform firearms eligibility checks of all relevant state and federal databases. I further understand that if I knowingly furnish a fictitious name or address or knowingly furnish any incorrect information or omit any information required to be provided on this application, I may be subject to civil or criminal penalties to the full extent of the law.
(c) Applicant shall submit fingerprints for a COE to the Department for a firearms eligibility background check as specified in section 4032.5 of these regulations before submitting the electronic application.
(d) Applicant shall submit the appropriate COE fees as specified in subdivision (b)(1) of section 4038 of these regulations to the live scan operator before submitting the electronic application.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 11105 and 26710, Penal Code. Reference: Sections 12101, 12756 and 12757, Health and Safety Code; Sections 16410, 16800, 26525, 26585, 26700, 26705, 26710, 26915, 26970, 27200, 27535, 27545, 27670, 27966, 28450, 29050, 29120, 29800, 29805, 29815, 29820, 29825, 29900, 30312, 30314, 30342, 30347, 30370 and 31700, Penal Code; Sections 8100 and 8103, Welfare and Institutions Code; Title 18, Sections 921 and 922, United States Code; and Title 27, Part 478.32, Code of Federal Regulations.
1. Change without regulatory effect renumbering section 982.3 to section 4035 filed 6-28-2006 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2006, No. 26).
2. Change without regulatory effect amending section and Note filed 12-27-2011 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2011, No. 52).
3. Repealer and new section heading and section filed 4-22-2019; operative 7-1-2019 (Register 2019, No. 17).
4. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (b)(2)(E) filed 12-17-2019 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2019, No. 51).
5. Editorial correction implementing 12-17-2019 nonsubstantive amendments (Register 2020, No. 13).
This database is current through 4/9/21 Register 2021, No. 15
11 CCR § 4035, 11 CA ADC § 4035
|End of Document|