§ 927.5. Log Hauling.
14 CA ADC § 927.5BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 1.5. Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
Chapter 4. Forest Practices
Subchapter 4. Coast Forest District Rules
Article 13. County Rules
14 CCR § 927.5
§ 927.5. Log Hauling.
(a) Log hauling on Public Roads is not permitted on Saturdays, Sundays, or on those days which are nationally designated holidays, except that such operations shall be permitted to occur on Columbus Day.
(b) Log hauling on Public Roads shall be restricted or not permitted by the Director during commute hours or during school busing hours if necessary to prevent a significant hazard to traffic flow and safety or to prevent hazardous conditions that would endanger public safety.
(c) During log hauling on Public Roads, the Timber Operator may be required by the Director to post special traffic signs and/or flagpersons where determined to be necessary to prevent a hazard to traffic.
(d) Any new access for the use of logging trucks on Highway 1 shall not be constructed until the Director has received approval for such construction from the State Department of Transportation and has consulted with the County Transportation District. A request for newly constructed access must be accompanied by evidence that such access will not adversely affect traffic flow and safety on the highway.
(e) Where road width will not permit passage of a logging truck and another oncoming vehicle, and adequate turnouts are not present, the Director may require the use of pilot cars equipped with warning signs and flashing lights to guide logging trucks on Public Roads.
(f) Within 300 feet of any occupied dwelling, the operation of power equipment, including chain saws, except licensed highway vehicles, shall be restricted to the hours between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., and shall be prohibited on Saturdays, Sundays, and nationally designated legal holidays. Where, because of unusual ground condition or very close proximity of occupied dwellings or special circumstances related thereto, the Director determines that a need exists for further restrictions, he/she may increase the distance and may limit the hours to not less than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. An exception to this rule may be granted by the Director where he/she has found that no disturbance will result to the occupants of the dwelling from the use of such equipment.
Note: Authority cited: Section 4516.5, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 4516.5, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 3-2-84; effective upon filing pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.2(d) (Register 84, No. 9).
2. New subsection (f) filed 5-24-84 as an emergency; effective upon filing (Register 84, No. 24). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 9-21-84.
3. Reinstatement of section as it existed prior to emergency subsection filed 5-24-84 by operation of Government Code Section 11346.1(f) (Register 84, No. 42).
4. Amendment filed 5-31-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 22).
5. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 5-2-2011; operative 6-1-2011 (Register 2011, No. 18).
6. Change without regulatory effect amending section filed 10-31-2017 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2017, No. 44).
This database is current through 7/29/22 Register 2022, No. 30
14 CCR § 927.5, 14 CA ADC § 927.5
|End of Document|