§ 21660.2. Informational Meeting for New and Revised Full Solid Waste Facilities Permit Applica...
27 CA ADC § 21660.2BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 27. Environmental Protection
Division 2. Solid Waste
Subdivision 1. Consolidated Regulations for Treatment, Storage, Processing or Disposal of Solid Waste
Chapter 4. Documentation and Reporting for Regulatory Tiers, Permits, WDRs, and Plans
Subchapter 3. Development of Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs) and Solid Waste Facility Permits
Article 3. Calrecycle - Enforcement Agency (EA) Requirements (Refs & Annos)
27 CCR § 21660.2
§ 21660.2. Informational Meeting for New and Revised Full Solid Waste Facilities Permit Applications.
(a) EA shall conduct an informational meeting for all new and revised full solid waste facilities permit applications as determined by §21665. The EA shall hold an informational meeting on an application for a new full solid waste facilities permit or an application for a full solid waste facilities permit revision required under this article. The EA may require the operator(s) of the facility or facilities that are the subject of the informational meeting to pay all costs incurred by the EA in connection with the meeting. The informational meeting may be combined with another public meeting in which the EA participates that meets the criteria as specified in §§21660.2(b) and 21660.2(c).
(b) The informational meeting shall be held after acceptance of the application package as complete and correct by the EA and within 60 days of receipt of the application by the EA. The EA shall submit to CalRecycle a copy of the informational meeting notice at time of issuance. CalRecycle shall post the notice on its web site as a way to further inform the public.
(c) The informational meeting shall meet the following criteria:
(1) The meeting shall be held in a suitable location not more than one (1) mile from the facility that is the subject of the meeting; if no suitable and available location exists within one (1) mile of the facility, as determined by the EA, the EA may designate an alternative suitable location that is as close to the facility and affected disadvantaged communities as reasonably practical.
(2) The meeting shall be held on a day and at a time that the EA determines will enable attendance by residents, especially those of affected disadvantaged communities, living in the vicinity of the facility that is the subject of the meeting.
(3) EAs may undertake additional measures to increase public notice and to encourage attendance by any persons who may be interested in the facility that is the subject of the meeting, which may include, but not be limited to, additional posting at the facility entrance, noticing beyond 300 feet if the nearest residence or business is not within 300 feet of the site, posting in a local newspaper of general circulation, and multilingual notice and translation and, multiple meeting dates, times and locations.
(d) The EA may substitute a previous public meeting or hearing for the requirements in this Section pursuant to §21660.4 if the applicant does not object.
(e) For the purposes of this section “affected disadvantaged communities” means communities identified by the California Environmental Protection Agency pursuant to Section 39711 of the Health and Safety Code as disadvantaged that are located within one mile of the facility.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 40502, 43020 and 43021, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 42652.5, 43103, 43213, 44004 and 44012, Public Resources Code; and Section 39730.6, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 3-14-2007; operative 4-13-2007 (Register 2007, No. 11).
2. Amendment of subsections (b) and (c)(1)-(3), new subsection (e) and amendment of Note filed 11-3-2020; operative 1-1-2022 pursuant to Public Resources Code section 42652.2(a)(6) (Register 2020, No. 45).
This database is current through 12/31/21 Register 2021, No. 53
27 CCR § 21660.2, 27 CA ADC § 21660.2
|End of Document|