§ 89361. Reporting Requirements.
22 CA ADC § 89361BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 6. Licensing of Community Care Facilities
Chapter 9.5. Foster Family Homes
Article 3. Core Requirements for Caregivers, Relatives, and Nonrelative Extended Family Members
22 CCR § 89361
§ 89361. Reporting Requirements.
(a) The caregiver shall report to the licensing or approval agency and the person or agency responsible for placing a “child” when any of the following events occur. This report shall be made by telephone, e-mail, or fax within 24 hours after the event occurs or within the agency's next business day.
(1) Death of any child.
(2) Any suspected child abuse or neglect, as defined in Penal Code section 11165.6.
(3) Any injury to or illness of a “child” that requires emergency medical treatment or hospitalization.
(4) Any unusual incident or absence of a “child” which threatens the physical or emotional health or safety of any child in the home.
(5) Communicable disease outbreak as reported to the caregiver by a health professional or by the local health authority.
(7) Fires or explosions which occur in or on the premises.
(8) If the caregiver operates a family day care home as defined in Health and Safety Code section 1596.78.
(9) All changes in household composition including, but not limited to:
(A) An addition to the caregiver's family, including when the caregiver becomes guardian or conservator for any child or other person.
(B) Any adult moving in or out of the home.
(C) Except for a “child” under the jurisdiction of the court and placed by the county, anyone living in the home who reaches their 18th birthday.
(b) The caregiver shall submit a written report to the licensing or approval agency and the person or agency responsible for placing a “child” when any of the events specified in subsection (a)(1) through (9) occur and the initial report was made by phone or did not include all of the information required on the written report. This written report shall be submitted within 7 calendar days after the event occurs and include the following information:
(1) The name, age, sex, and date of admission of the “child.”
(2) Date and nature of the incident.
(3) Attending physician's name, findings, and treatment, if any.
(4) Current status of the incident.
(c) When there is a change in the caregiver's mailing address that does not also include a change in the location of the home, the caregiver shall notify the licensing or approval agency and the person or agency responsible for placing a “child,” by telephone, e-mail or fax within 10 working days following the change.
(d) When there is a change in the location of the home, the caregiver shall notify the licensing or approval agency and the person or agency responsible for placing a “child,” by telephone, e-mail or fax 30 days prior to the move or as soon as the information is available.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 1530 and 1530.5, Health and Safety Code; and Section 21 of Assembly Bill (AB) 1695 (Chapter 653, Statutes of 2001). Reference: Sections 1501, 1501.1, 1507, 1507.2, 1507.5, 1530.6, 1531, 1557.5 and 1596.78, Health and Safety Code; Sections 11165.6, 11165.7, 11165.9 and 11166, Penal Code; and Section 361.2(j)(1)(A), Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. Renumbering of former section 87061(a) and 87061(b)(1)-(h)(2) to section 89361, including amendment of section and Note, filed 6-26-2002 as an emergency; operative 7-1-2002 (Register 2002, No. 26). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-29-2002 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Renumbering of former section 87061(a) and 87061(b)(1)-(h)(2) to section 89361, including amendment of section and Note, refiled 10-28-2002 as an emergency; operative 10-29-2002 (Register 2002, No. 44). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 2-26-2003 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 10-28-2002 order transmitted to OAL 2-25-2003 and filed 4-9-2003 (Register 2003, No. 15).
4. Amendment of section and Note filed 3-4-2010; operative 4-3-2010 (Register 2010, No. 10).
This database is current through 9/4/20 Register 2020, No. 36
22 CCR § 89361, 22 CA ADC § 89361
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|