§ 599.802. Misuse.
2 CA ADC § 599.802BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 2. Administration
Division 1. Administrative Personnel
Chapter 3. Department of Human Resources
Subchapter 1. General Civil Service Rules
Article 15. Use of State-Owned Vehicles
2 CCR § 599.802
§ 599.802. Misuse.
Misuse of a state-owned vehicle includes:
(a) When driven or used other than in the conduct of state business.
(b) When driven to or from the employee's home or the vicinity thereof after completion of the employee's workday, unless:
(1) Departing upon or returning from an official trip away from the employee's headquarters under circumstances that make it impracticable for the employee to use other means of transportation, or where the employee's home is reasonably en route to or from his headquarters or other place where he/she is to commence work the following workday.
(2) The vehicle is to be used by him/her in the conduct of state business on the same day or before his/her usual working hours on his/her next succeeding work day and where such later use has been authorized in writing in advance by his/her agency head or his/her duly authorized representative. The mere possibility that the vehicle may be used outside of business hours by an employee “on call” does not qualify under this subsection.
(3) No state garage facility is available.
(4) The employee is required to respond to urgency or emergency calls outside of his/her regular working hours, reasonably requiring the use of a state-owned vehicle.
(5) The employee is required to work unplanned overtime with the result that no other practical means of getting home is available to the employee.
(c) Carrying in the vehicle any persons other than those directly involved with official state business, except with the approval of the employee's immediate supervisor for each trip.
(d) Using the vehicle for other than those personal needs directly essential to carrying out the official business such as obtaining food and lodging.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 18502, 19815.4(d) and 19993.2, Government Code. Reference: Section 19993.2(a), Government Code.
1. Change without regulatory effect amending section and Note filed 10-13-2014 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2014, No. 42).
This database is current through 4/2/21 Register 2021, No. 14
2 CCR § 599.802, 2 CA ADC § 599.802
|End of Document|