§ 928. Preapplication for Examination.
16 CA ADC § 928BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
16 CCR § 928
§ 928. Preapplication for Examination.
(a) A preapplication for examination must be submitted to the board postmarked within 7 calendar days from the day the applicant completed 75 percent of the required course hours and curriculum requirements (60 percent for students of the manicurist course) from an approved barbering, cosmetology or electrology school, or any person licensed as an apprentice in barbering, cosmetology, skin care, or nail care who has completed at least 75 percent of the required apprenticeship training hours.
(b) A preapplication for examination shall be in writing, on a form prepared by the board (Form PRE1, Request for Pre-Application, Rev. 1/05).
(c) The preapplication form shall be submitted with the following:
(1) The required preapplication fee specified in Section 998;
(2) The application for examination, including the required fee and all proof of qualifications of the applicant for examination, except the proof of training document specified in Section 909 or (for apprentices) the certificate of apprenticeship completion specified in Section 924.
(3) A stamped envelope, addressed to the school from which the applicant completed training or to the apprentice program sponsor from which the applicant completed training.
(d) The preapplication form shall include an anticipated date that the student/apprentice shall complete his/her course of study/apprenticeship, and a statement, signed by the student/apprentice and the school/apprentice program sponsor and certified to under penalty of perjury, that the student/apprentice has completed the curriculum requirements and number of clock hours required to submit a preapplication.
(e) Within 30 calendar days of receipt of the preapplication the board shall notify the applicant in writing, at the school/apprentice program sponsor from which the applicant completed training, that the preapplication is either complete or is deficient and what information or documentation is required to complete the application.
(1) If the application is complete, the notification (that portion of form PRE1 filled out by the board) shall also contain the applicant's scheduled examination date.
(2) If a preapplication is deficient, the applicant shall not be scheduled for examination with the pre application population until the deficiencies are corrected and the application is resubmitted.
(f) The proof of training document/certificate of apprenticeship completion and the portion of form PRE1 filled out by the board must be mailed to the board, postmarked within three working days after the applicant's anticipated date of course/apprenticeship completion. If this requirement is not met, the applicant will not be permitted to be examined on the scheduled date and the applicant will be scheduled for examination with the general application population.
(g) Within ten working days of receipt of the proof of training document/certificate of apprenticeship completion, the board shall notify the applicant in writing that it is either complete or is deficient and what information or documentation is required to complete the document.
(1) If the proof of training document/certificate of apprenticeship completion is complete, the board will mail an examination admission letter to the applicant.
(2) If the proof of training document/certificate of apprenticeship completion is deficient, the applicant will not be permitted to be examined on the scheduled date and will be rescheduled for examinations at the time of receipt of a complete proof of training document/certificate of apprenticeship completion.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 7312 and 7337.5, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 7337.5, Business and Professions Code.
1. Repealer of article 3.5 and section and new article 4 and section filed 10-24-94; operative 11-23-94 (Register 94, No. 43).
2. Amendment filed 10-17-2006; operative 11-16-2006 (Register 2006, No. 42).
3. Editorial correction restoring inadvertently omitted text in subsection (g) (Register 2019, No. 38).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
16 CCR § 928, 16 CA ADC § 928
|End of Document|