(a) Establishments and schools shall have and maintain the following minimum equipment and supplies:
(1) If hair services are performed, at least one covered waste container per establishment for the disposal of hair. Hair must be disposed of in a covered waste container.
(2) Closed containers to hold all soiled towels, gowns, smocks, linens and sheets in any enclosed area frequented by the public.
(3) Closed, clean cabinets, drawers, or containers to hold all clean non-electrical tools, towels, gowns, smocks, linens and sheets.
(4) Containers for disinfectant solution for tools and equipment to be disinfected. Containers must be labeled “Disinfectant Solution”.
(5) Each container specified in (4) shall contain sufficient disinfectant solution to allow for the total immersion of tools.
(6) If electrolysis is performed, an autoclave or dry heat sterilizer that meets the requirements of Section 982.
(b) Establishments and schools shall have disinfectant solution, mixed according to manufacturer's directions, available for use at all times.
(c) A manufacturer-labeled container for the disinfectant used must be available at all times in the establishment or school. In the event that the last remaining disinfectant has been used, the empty manufacturer-labeled container must be present.
Note: Authority cited: Section 7312, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 7312(e), Business and Professions Code.
1. New article 12 and repealer and new section filed 10-24-94; operative 11-23-94 (Register 94, No. 43). For prior history, see Register 84, No. 28.
2. Amendment of subsections (a)(1) and (a)(3) filed 12-2-96; operative 1-1-97 (Register 96, No. 49).
3. Amendment filed 3-26-2015; operative 7-1-2015 (Register 2015, No. 13).
This database is current through 11/25/22 Register 2022, No. 47.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 16, § 978, 16 CA ADC § 978