§ 2188.3. Course Renewal.
10 CA ADC § 2188.3BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 10. Investment
Chapter 5. Insurance Commissioner
Subchapter 1. Production of Insurance
Article 6.5. Prelicensing and Continuing Education
10 CCR § 2188.3
§ 2188.3. Course Renewal.
(a) Every provider desiring to renew approval of an unchanged course or a course with only minor changes shall receive by way of an electronic delivery method, such as an email, from the Commissioner an electronically generated Provider Course Renewal Letter, Form LIC 446-38 (Rev. 08/2001), incorporated by reference herein. The provider shall submit Form LIC 446-38, unless online submission becomes available, to the Commissioner along with the applicable renewal fee specified in Section 1751.1 of the California Insurance Code. The course renewal form shall request information which shall include but, not be limited to, the following:
(1) The title of the course and the Commissioner's approval number;
(2) The number of credit hours currently assigned;
(3) A certification stating that the course remains unchanged from its last approval;
(4) Notification that minor or major changes shall follow the procedures described in Section 2188.2 (f) and (g);
(5) A current letter of authorization from the author or publisher when using another vendor's source material as the basis for the course.
(b) The Commissioner reserves the right to revise the number of credit hours previously assigned for courses submitted for renewal approval.
(c) Course renewal applications shall be received by the Commissioner not less than sixty (60) days prior to the expiration of the course's approval to ensure continuity of the approval status.
(d) No provider shall be permitted to offer, for continuing education or prelicensing credit, a course with an expired status until such time as the active approval status of the course has been renewed.
Note: Authority cited: Section 1749.7, Insurance Code. Reference: Sections 1749, 1749.1, 1749.2, 1749.3, 1749.31, 1749.32, 1749.33, 1749.4, 1749.5, 1749.6, 1749.8, 1749.85, 10113.2(b)(1)(A) and 10234.93(a)(4), Insurance Code.
1. New section filed 4-15-93; operative 5-17-93 (Register 93, No. 16).
2. Repealer and new section filed 8-23-96; operative 9-22-96 (Register 96, No. 34).
3. Amendment of subsections (a) and (a)(4), repealer of subsections (a)(4)(i)-(iii) and amendment of Note filed 2-23-2010; operative 3-25-2010 (Register 2010, No. 9).
4. Amendment of section and Note filed 10-22-2014; operative 2-19-2015 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(2) (Register 2014, No. 43).
This database is current through 1/7/22 Register 2022, No. 1
10 CCR § 2188.3, 10 CA ADC § 2188.3
|End of Document|