(a) Every application for examination in which the applicant is using training received in a school in this state approved by the board in order to qualify for examination must be accompanied by proof of that training.
(b) Proof of training shall be a document, prepared by the school where the applicant completed the qualifying training, that includes all of the following:
(2) The student's name, address, and date of birth.
(3) The school's name, address, and school code issued by the board.
(4) The date training started and the date training was completed at the school completing the training.
(5) The total number of hours of training the student received.
(6) If the applicant has done any one of the following, the document shall also include the information as specified for each:
(A) If the applicant has received any of the training at another school, the document must specify, for each school attended, the school's name and school code, the number of hours of training received, the date training started, and the last date of attendance.
(B) If the applicant has received credit from a course transfer, the document must specify the course and the number of hours of training received, the date training started and the last date of attendance before transferring, and the number of hours of credit received.
(C) If the applicant has received credit for holding a manicurist or cosmetician license issued by the board, the document must specify the type of license, the license number, its date of expiration, and the number of hours of credit received.
(D) If the applicant has received credit for out-of-state training and/or experience, a copy of the letter from the board granting that credit shall be attached to the document.
(7) A statement confirming that the student has met the course curriculum requirements as specified by regulation.
(8) A statement, dated and signed under penalty of perjury by the school and the student, that all the information on the document is true and correct. The statement shall be worded as follows:
“We, the undersigned, certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of California, that all the information contained herein is true and correct.”
(9) The document must include the name and title of the individual signing for the school clearly printed or typed.
(c) The information contained in any proof of training document prepared by an approved school in this state must be clearly identified by the number and presented in the order specified in subdivision (b).
Note: Authority cited: Section 7312, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 7321, 7321.5, 7324, 7326, 7330, 7331, 7337 and 7391, Business and Professions Code.
1. New article 2 and section filed 10-24-94; operative 11-23-94 (Register 94, No. 43).
This database is current through 11/17/23 Register 2023, No. 46.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 16, § 909, 16 CA ADC § 909