§ 3919.21. Chlorine Water Quality Objectives and Total Chlorine Residual Water Quality-Based Ef...
23 CA ADC § 3919.21BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 4. Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 1. Water Quality Control Plans, Policies, and Guidelines
Article 2. San Francisco Bay Region
23 CCR § 3919.21
§ 3919.21. Chlorine Water Quality Objectives and Total Chlorine Residual Water Quality-Based Effluent Limitations.
On November 18, 2020, the San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board (San Francisco Bay Water Board) adopted Resolution No. R2-2020-0031, amending the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay Region. The Basin Plan amendment includes changes to:
(1) Establish chlorine water quality objectives for the protection of aquatic life beneficial uses in marine, estuarine, and fresh surface waters in the region.
(2) Replace the total residual chlorine technology-based effluent limitation with water quality-based effluent limitations for wastewater discharges.
(3) Include the provisions specifying how these water quality-based effluent limitations are to be implemented in wastewater discharge permits.
(4) Remove the 4-day average freshwater mercury objective.
(5) Make a reference to the Statewide Mercury Provisions, which contains mercury water quality objectives applicable to the region's surface waters.
(6) Correct the applicability of the oil and grease effluent limitations to apply only to sewage treatment facilities that do not provide secondary or advanced-secondary treatment.
The objective of this amendment is to allow wastewater dischargers that are subject to total residual chlorine effluent limitations the flexibility to stop dechlorination over-dosing practices, thus saving operational cost and reducing the discharge of excess chemicals into receiving waters.
1. New section summarizing amendments to basin plan filed 10-22-2021; amendments approved by State Water Resources Control Board Resolution No. 2021-0016 on 5-18-2021; amendments approved by OAL pursuant to Government Code section 11353 on 10-22-2021 (Register 2021, No. 43).
This database is current through 6/24/22 Register 2022, No. 25
23 CCR § 3919.21, 23 CA ADC § 3919.21
|End of Document|