§ 102416.2. Reporting Requirements.
22 CA ADC § 102416.2BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 12. Child Care Facility Licensing Regulations
Chapter 3. Family Day Care Homes for Children
Article 6. Continuing Requirements
22 CCR § 102416.2
§ 102416.2. Reporting Requirements.
(a) The licensee shall report the following information to the Department by telephone or fax within the Department's next business day and during normal working hours (8am to 5pm).
(1) If the applicant or licensee operates a foster family home as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 1502(a)(5) or a certified family home as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 1506(d).
(2) Any change in household composition including adults moving in or out of the home and anyone living in the home who reaches his or her 18th birthday.
(b) The licensee shall report to the Department any of the events as specified in Health and Safety Code Sections 1597.467(b)(1)(A) through (b)(1)(C) that occur during the operation of the family child care home.
(1) Medical treatment means treatment by a medical professional, as defined in Section 101152(m).
(2) Any child absence means any instance where a child in care is missing. For example, any child in care who wanders away from the Family Child Care Home, is lost during an outing, or does not return from school, shall be reported even if the child is later found safe.
(c) In addition to the events specified in Health and Safety Code Sections 1597.467(b)(1)(A) through (b)(1)(C), the licensee shall report the following events to the Department:
(1) Any suspected child abuse or neglect, as defined in Penal Code Section 11165.6, of any child in care, in addition to reporting requirements pursuant to Penal Code Section 11166.
(2) Fires or explosions occurring in or on the premises of the family child care home.
(A) Within 24 hours, the licensee additionally shall report to the local fire authority, or in areas not having organized fire services, to the State Fire Marshal.
(3) A communicable disease outbreak when determined by the local health authority.
(d) The licensee shall report to the Department as provided by Health and Safety Code Sections 1597.467(b)(1) and (2).
(e) The written report shall be either Form LIC 624B (8/06) Unusual Incident/Injury Report -Family Child Care Home, or a letter that includes the following information, in addition to that required by Health and Safety Code Sections 1597.467(b)(2)(A) through (b)(2)(D):
(1) Child's date of birth.
(2) Child's or parent's primary language, (e.g. English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian).
(3) Time the incident or injury happened.
(4) Date that the parent or authorized representative was notified their child was injured or subjected to any act of violence.
(5) Description of how the incident or injury happened and name of the child(ren) or adult(s) that may have been involved as well as any steps taken to prevent the incident or injury from recurring.
(6) Name and telephone number of any physician or other health care provider that examined the child.
(7) Any agency notified, person contacted, date of the contact, and the telephone or fax number of that agency or person.
(f) As soon as possible but not later than the same business day, the licensee shall notify a child's parent or authorized representative of the injuries or acts that affect that child as specified in Health and Safety Code Section 1597.467(a).
(1) Any injury suffered by a child in care shall be reported to that child's parent or authorized representative regardless of treatment by a medical professional.
(2) Reportable acts of violence include, but are not limited to, those that occur whenever any child in care is a victim of, or subjected to witnessing, others' use of great physical force resulting in bodily harm, or dangerous activity, such as illegal drug use or gunfire.
(g) In addition to the requirements of Health and Safety Code Section 1597.467(a), no later than the same business day, the licensee shall notify a child's parent or authorized representative of the events to be reported to the Department pursuant to Sections 102416.2(b) and (c) that affect that child.
(h) The licensee shall keep a copy of the letter or completed LIC 624B (8/06) (Unusual Incident/Injury Report - Family Child Care Home) in the child's record for the time period specified in Section 102421(a)(1).
Note: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1502, 1506, 1596.72, 1596.73 and 1597.467, Health and Safety Code; Sections 11165.6 and 11166, Penal Code.
1. New section filed 8-11-2006; operative 9-10-2006 (Register 2006, No. 32).
This database is current through 6/4/21 Register 2021, No. 23
22 CCR § 102416.2, 22 CA ADC § 102416.2
|End of Document|