§ 55180. Definitions.
5 CA ADC § 55180BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 6. California Community Colleges
Chapter 6. Curriculum and Instruction
Subchapter 2. Approval by the Chancellor
Article 4. Approval of Colleges and Educational Centers
5 CCR § 55180
§ 55180. Definitions.
(a) College. As used in this division, “college” means a degree-granting institution intended to provide instruction through the second year of college, including but not limited, to one or more of the following categories:
(1) standard collegiate courses for transfer to institutions of higher education;
(2) career technical fields leading to employment; or
(3) general or liberal arts courses required for the institution to maintain its accreditation.
(b) Educational Center. As used in this division, “educational center” means a postsecondary operation established and administered by an existing college or district at a location away from the campus of the parent institution which satisfies the requirements of either subdivision (1) or (2) below:
(1) the center:
(A) is planned to continue for ten or more years;
(B) generates at least 500 full-time equivalent student (FTES) annually.
(C) has an on-site administrator;
(D) offers programs leading to certificates and/or degrees conferred by the parent institution; and
(E) has been approved by the Board of Governors pursuant to this article.
(2) the center was identified by the Chancellor's Office as of the 2006-07 fiscal year as a “grandparented center” which:
(A) operated prior to April 1974 and was recognized as an approved grandfathered center by the California Postsecondary Education Commission (CPEC) in its December 10, 1984, report to the Legislature;
(B) served at least 100 full-time equivalent student (FTES) as reported on the final attendance report for fiscal year 2005-06 or had an average annual FTES for the three prior fiscal years (2003-04 to 2005-06) of at least 100 FTES;
(C) operated continuously since 1974;
(D) was owned or controlled by the district through a lease agreement; and
(E) provided an appropriate level of administrative and student services, relative to its size, at the center.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 66700 and 70901, Education Code. Reference: Section 66700, Education Code.
1. New article 4 (sections 55180-55184) and section filed 7-17-2007; operative 8-16-2007. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 70901.5 (Register 2007, No. 35). For prior history, see Register 91, No. 23.
2. Amendment filed 6-13-2008; operative 7-13-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 70901.5 (Register 2008, No. 25).
This database is current through 9/14/18 Register 2018, No. 37
5 CCR § 55180, 5 CA ADC § 55180
|End of Document||© 2018 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|