§ 15450. Reserves.
5 CA ADC § 15450BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 1. California Department of Education
Chapter 14. School Finance [FNA2]
Subchapter 8. Criteria and Standards for School District Budgets and Interim Reports
Article 1. Budget Review
5 CCR § 15450
§ 15450. Reserves.
(a) Available reserves for any of the budget year or two subsequent fiscal years are not less than the following percentages or amounts as applied to total expenditures and other financing uses:
the greater of 5% or $55,000 for districts with 0-300 ADA
the greater of 4% or $55,000 for districts with 301-1,000 ADA
3% for districts with 1,001-30,000 ADA
2% for districts with 30,001-400,000 ADA
1% for districts with 400,001 and over ADA
(b) For purposes of this section, the following shall apply:
(1) Available reserves are the unrestricted amounts in the Reserve for Economic Uncertainties and the Unassigned/Unappropriated accounts in the General Fund and the Special Reserve Fund for Other Than Capital Outlay Projects. Available reserves will be reduced by any negative ending balances in restricted resources in the General Fund.
(2) A school district that serves as the AU of a SELPA may exclude from its expenditures the distribution of funds to its participating members.
(3) The dollar amounts are to be adjusted annually by the prior year statutory cost-of-living adjustment (Education Code section 42238), rounded to the nearest thousand.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 33127 and 33129, Education Code. Reference: Sections 33128 and 42238, Education Code.
1. New section filed 8-19-91; operative 7-1-91. Submitted to OAL for printing only and exempt from Government Code section 11343 under Education Code section 3313 (Register 92, No. 10).
2. Repealer and new section filed 5-13-2008; operative 6-12-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 33131 (Register 2008, No. 20).
3. Amendment of subsections (b)(1) and (b)(3) filed 12-4-2013; operative 12-4-2013. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 33131 (Register 2013, No. 49).
This database is current through 11/29/19 Register 2019, No. 48
5 CCR § 15450, 5 CA ADC § 15450
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|