Home Table of Contents

§ 599.724. Payment of Claims for Moving and Relocation Expenses.


Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 2. Administration
Division 1. Administrative Personnel
Chapter 3. Department of Human Resources
Subchapter 1. General Civil Service Rules
Article 7. Moving and Relocation Expenses
2 CCR § 599.724
§ 599.724. Payment of Claims for Moving and Relocation Expenses.
(a) The Department shall be responsible for prescribing any specific procedures necessary for effective and economical operation of this article. Claims shall be made on forms prescribed by the Department of General Services scheduled in the normal manner and submitted through regular channels to the State Controller for payment. All claims must be substantiated by invoices or other evidence for each item claimed.
(b) Agencies may contract directly with the carrier for movement of household effects of officers and employees at state expense, subject to the same allowances and restrictions as if the shipment was arranged by the officer or employee and reimbursed by the state.
(c) If the change in residence results in the salary of the officer or employee being paid by a different appointing power, all allowable moving and relocation expenses shall be paid by the new appointing power except where the old appointing power agrees to pay all or part of the expenses allowable under this article.
(d) Each agency shall be responsible for insuring that upon notice to the employee of an impending move, a copy of these regulations shall be given to the officer or employee.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 18502, 19815.4(d) and 19820, Government Code. Reference: Sections 19841 and 19842, Government Code.
1. Change without regulatory effect amending section and Note filed 10-13-2014 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2014, No. 42).
This database is current through 5/6/22 Register 2022, No. 18
2 CCR § 599.724, 2 CA ADC § 599.724
End of Document