§ 3050. Regular Meals.
15 CA ADC § 3050BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 15. Crime Prevention and Corrections
Division 3. Adult Institutions, Programs and Parole
Chapter 1. Rules and Regulations of Adult Operations and Programs
Article 4. Food Services (Refs & Annos)
15 CCR § 3050
§ 3050. Regular Meals.
(a) Each inmate shall be provided a wholesome, nutritionally balanced diet. Nutrition levels shall meet the Recommended Dietary Allowances and Dietary Reference Intakes as established by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Science.
(1) Inmates confined in segregated housing shall be served food representative of that being served to general population inmates. Food shall not be withheld nor standard menu varied as a disciplinary sanction for any inmate.
(2) Inmates shall be provided three meals each day, two of which shall be served hot. Variations to the two hot meals per day requirement may be allowed to accommodate religious observances, religious meal programs, and institution emergencies. The breakfast meal shall be served not more than 14 hours following the previous day's evening meal.
(3) Pregnant inmates shall receive two extra eight ounce cartons of milk or a calcium supplement if lactose intolerant, two extra servings of fresh fruit, and two extra servings of fresh vegetables daily. A physician may order additional nutrients as necessary.
(b) Facility menus shall be prepared at least one week in advance and posted in locations accessible to all general population inmates. Inmates in segregation housing shall, upon request, be provided a weekly menu.
Note: Authority cited; Section 5058, Penal Code. Reference: Sections 2084 and 5054, Penal Code.
1. Amendment filed 2-24-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 9).
2. Amendment filed 2-8-88; operative 3-9-88 (Register 88, No. 7).
3. Amendment of article heading and section filed 12-18-91 as an emergency; operative 12-18-91 (Register 92, No. 4). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL 4-16-92 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Editorial correction of History 2. (Register 92, No. 4).
5. Certificate of Compliance as to 12-18-91 order transmitted to OAL 4-15-92 and filed 5-26-92 (Register 92, No. 22).
6. Amendment of subsection (a)(2) filed 4-24-2006; operative 4-24-2006 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2006, No. 17).
7. Amendment of subsection (a) and new subsection (a)(3) filed 3-6-2008; operative 4-5-2008 (Register 2008, No. 10).
This database is current through 1/10/20 Register 2020, No. 2
15 CCR § 3050, 15 CA ADC § 3050
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|