§ 597.2. Definitions.
23 CA ADC § 597.2Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
23 CCR § 597.2
§ 597.2. Definitions.
(1) “Accuracy” means the measured volume relative to the actual volume, expressed as a percent. The percent shall be calculated as 100 x (measured value - actual value) / actual value, where “measured value” is the value indicated by the device or determined through calculations using a measured value by the device, such as flow rate, combined with a duration of flow, and “actual value” is the value as determined through laboratory, design or field testing protocols using best professional practices.
(2) “Agricultural water supplier,” as defined in Water Code § 10608.12(a), means a water supplier, either publicly or privately owned, providing water to 10,000 or more irrigated acres, excluding acres that receive only recycled water. “Agricultural water supplier” includes a supplier or contractor for water, regardless of the basis of right, which distributes or sells water for ultimate resale to customers. “Agricultural water supplier” does not include the Department.
(4) “Best professional practices” means practices attaining to and maintaining accuracy of measurement and reporting devices and methods described in this article, such as operation and maintenance procedures and practices recommended by measurement device manufacturers, designers, and industry professionals.
(10) “Manufactured device” means a device that is manufactured by a commercial enterprise, often under exclusive legal rights of the manufacturer, for direct off-the-shelf purchase and installation. Such devices are capable of directly measuring flow rate, velocity, or accumulating the volume of water delivered, without the need for additional components that are built on-site or in-house.
Note: Authority cited: Section 10608.48, Water Code. Reference: Sections 10608.12(a), 10608.12(m), 10608.48 and 10813, Water Code.
1. New section filed 7-11-2012; operative 7-11-2012 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2012, No. 28).
This database is current through 5/26/23 Register 2023, No. 21.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 23, § 597.2, 23 CA ADC § 597.2
|End of Document|