§ 3340.50. Fleet Facility Requirements.
16 CA ADC § 3340.50BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 16. Professional and Vocational Regulations
Division 33. Bureau of Automotive Repair
Chapter 1. Automotive Repair Dealers and Official Stations and Adjusters
Article 5.5. Motor Vehicle Inspection Program
16 CCR § 3340.50
§ 3340.50. Fleet Facility Requirements.
The owner of a fleet of vehicles shall meet the following requirements for licensure as a fleet facility smog check station, if they choose to be so licensed, and shall comply with these requirements at all times while licensed.
(a) Number of Fleet Vehicles. The fleet facility shall own and operate a fleet of 10 or more vehicles which are subject to the program and are exclusively for the use of fleet employees, for sale, or for rental or lease to members of the public in the regular course of business.
(b) Equipment. The fleet facility shall have the equipment required by a smog check station, as set forth in sections 3340.16.5 and 3340.17 of this chapter. Equipment shall be maintained and calibrated in accordance with section 3340.17 of this chapter.
(c) Licensed Inspector and/or Repair Technician. A licensed inspector and/or repair technician shall be present at the facility when necessary to test, inspect, or repair a vehicle. Testing and/or repairing of vehicles pursuant to the Smog Check Program shall be performed by a licensed inspector and/or repair technician, consistent with their license classification.
(d) Work Area. The work area shall meet all the requirements specified in section 3340.15(a) of this article.
(e) Vehicles Serviced. A licensed fleet facility shall test, repair, and certify only vehicles owned by it. The repair cost limit shall not apply to the repair of fleet vehicles.
(f) Onsite Inspection. The responsible managing employee of the fleet facility shall provide the bureau with whatever access, information, and other cooperation is necessary to facilitate onsite inspection of the fleet's vehicles or inspection system. At the bureau's request, the licensed inspector and/or repair technician shall be present during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at a time agreed upon by the licensed inspector and/or repair technician and a bureau representative.
(g) Display of Licenses. The station license and inspector and/or repair technician licenses shall be posted prominently in an area accessible to the bureau or its representative.
(h) Manuals and Bulletins. Bureau manuals and bulletins pertaining to fleet facilities shall be maintained in a location readily accessible to licensed inspector and/or repair technicians.
Note: Authority cited: Section 44002, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 44020 and 44045.5, Health and Safety Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (e) filed 8-24-88; operative 9-23-88 (Register 88, No. 37).
2. Amendment filed 4-16-90; operative 4-16-90 (Register 90, No. 19).
3. Editorial correction of printing error in subsection (e) (Register 91, No. 6).
4. Amendment filed 6-23-95 as an emergency; operative 6-23-95 (Register 95, No. 25). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-21-95 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
5. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-23-95 order transmitted to OAL 10-20-95 and filed 12-6-95 (Register 95, No. 49).
6. Amendment of subsections (b) and (c) filed 7-26-96 as an emergency; operative 7-26-96 (Register 96, No. 30). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 11-25-96 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
7. Certificate of Compliance as to 7-26-96 order, including amendment of first paragraph, transmitted to OAL 11-19-96 and filed 1-6-97 (Register 97, No. 2).
8. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 2-15-2002 as an emergency; operative 2-15-2002 (Register 2002, No. 7). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 6-17-2002 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
9. Certificate of Compliance as to 2-15-2002 order transmitted to OAL 6-13-2002 and filed 7-26-2002 (Register 2002, No. 30).
10. Amendment of subsection (c), repealer of subsection (d), subsection relettering and amendment of newly designated subsections (f)-(h) filed 2-1-2012; operative 2-1-2012 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2012, No. 5).
This database is current through 2/7/20 Register 2020, No. 6
16 CCR § 3340.50, 16 CA ADC § 3340.50
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|