§ 81088. Fixtures, Furniture, Equipment and Supplies.
22 CA ADC § 81088BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 6. Licensing of Community Care Facilities
Chapter 2. Social Rehabilitation Facilities
Subchapter 1. Basic Requirements
Article 7. Physical Environment
22 CCR § 81088
§ 81088. Fixtures, Furniture, Equipment and Supplies.
(a) A comfortable temperature for clients shall be maintained at all areas.
(1) The licensee shall maintain the temperature in rooms that clients occupy between a minimum of 68 degrees F (20 degrees C) and a maximum of 85 degrees F (30 degrees C).
(A) In areas of extreme heat the maximum shall be 30 degrees F (16.6 degrees C) less than the outside temperature.
(2) Nothing in this section shall prohibit clients from adjusting individual thermostatic controls.
(b) All window screens shall be in good repair and be free of insects, dirt and other debris.
(c) Fireplaces and open-faced heaters shall be made inaccessible to clients to ensure protection of the clients' safety.
(d) The licensee shall provide lamps or lights as necessary in all rooms and other areas to ensure the comfort and safety of all persons in the facility.
(e) Faucets used by clients for personal care such as shaving and grooming shall deliver hot water.
(1) Hot water temperature controls shall be maintained to automatically regulate temperature of hot water delivered to plumbing fixtures used by clients to attain a hot water temperature of not less than 105 degrees F (40.5 degrees C) and not more than 120 degrees F (48.8 degrees C).
(2) Taps delivering water at 125 degrees F (51.6 degrees C) or above shall be prominently identified by warning signs.
(3) All toilets, hand washing and bathing facilities shall be maintained in safe and sanitary operating condition. Additional equipment, aids, and/or conveniences shall be provided in facilities accommodating physically handicapped clients who need such items.
(f) Solid waste shall be stored, located and disposed of in a manner that will not transmit communicable diseases or odors, pose a risk to health and safety, create a nuisance, or provide a breeding place or food source for insects or rodents.
(1) All containers used for storage of solid and liquid waste, including movable bins, shall have tight-fitting covers that are kept on the containers; shall be in good repair and shall be leak-proof and rodent-proof.
(A) Inside wastebaskets are not required to have a cover unless they hold items that may pose a risk to health and safety if left uncovered or are used in a kitchen/food preparation area or a bathroom.
(2) Solid and liquid waste containers that hold decaying waste, including movable bins, shall be emptied at least once per week or more often if necessary to comply with Section 81088(f) above.
(3) Each movable bin shall provide for suitable access and a drainage device to allow complete cleaning at the storage area.
(g) The licensee shall provide linens of various kinds necessary to meet the program of services being offered by the facility and the requirements specified in this Chapter.
(h) Toilet, washbasin, and bath and shower fixtures shall at a minimum meet the following requirements:
(1) At least one toilet and washbasin shall be maintained for each six persons residing in the facility.
(2) At least one bathtub or shower shall be maintained for each six persons residing in the facility.
(3) Toilets and bathrooms shall be located near client bedrooms.
(4) Individual privacy shall be provided in all toilet, bath, and shower areas.
(5) The lock on bathroom doors shall allow for quick and easy opening from the outside.
(i) The licensee shall ensure provision to each client of the following furniture, equipment and supplies necessary for personal care and maintenance of personal hygiene.
(1) An individual bed, except that couples shall be allowed to share one double or larger size bed, maintained in good repair, and equipped with good bed springs, a clean mattress, and pillow(s).
(A) Fillings and covers for mattresses and pillows shall be flame retardant.
(B) No social rehabilitation facility shall have more beds for client use than required for the maximum capacity approved by the licensing agency.
(2) In addition to subsection (c)(1) above, each client shall have a chair, a night stand, and a lamp or lights necessary for reading.
(A) Two clients sharing a bedroom shall be permitted to share one night stand.
(3) Permanent or portable closets and drawer space in each bedroom to accommodate the client's clothing and personal belongings.
(A) A minimum of two drawers or eight cubic feet (.2664 cubic meters) of drawer space, whichever is greater, shall be provided for each client.
(4) Clean linen in good repair, including lightweight, warm blankets and bedspreads; top and bottom bed sheets; pillow cases; mattress pads; rubber or plastic sheeting, when necessary; and bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.
(A) The quantity of linen provided shall permit changing the linen at least once each week or more often when necessary to ensure that clean linen is in use by clients at all times.
(B) The use of common towels and washcloths shall be prohibited.
(5) Feminine napkins, nonmedicated soap, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, and comb.
(j) If the facility maintains its own laundry equipment, necessary supplies shall be available and equipment shall be maintained in good repair.
(1) If the washing machine and/or dryer is coin operated, clients shall be provided with coins or tokens and laundry supplies.
(A) Coins and laundry supplies shall be provided to clients when public laundry equipment is used.
(B) The licensee shall be permitted to designate a safe location or locations, and/or times in which clients shall be permitted to iron.
(k) Emergency lighting, which shall include at a minimum working flashlights or other battery-powered lighting, shall be maintained and readily available in areas accessible to clients and staff.
(1) An open-flame type of light shall not be used.
(2) Night lights shall be maintained in hallways and passages to nonprivate bathrooms.
(l) The licensee shall provide and maintain the equipment and supplies necessary to meet the requirements of the planned activity program.
(1) Such supplies shall include but not be limited to daily newspapers, current magazines and a variety of reading materials.
(2) Special equipment and supplies necessary to accommodate physically handicapped persons or other persons with special needs shall be provided to meet the needs of handicapped clients.
(3) When not in use, recreational equipment and supplies shall be stored where they do not create a hazard to clients.
(m) All social rehabilitation facilities, except facilities with sprinkling systems, shall have an approved, commercially manufactured and battery operated smoke detector installed in the hallway(s) in each sleeping area in the home. The smoke detectors shall be audible in each bedroom or sleeping room.
(n) Facilities shall meet the following signal system requirements:
(1) Any facility certified as a Short-Term Crisis Residential Program and/or a Long-Term Residential Treatment Program with a licensed capacity of 15 or more clients, or having separate floors or separate buildings without full-time staff present on each floor or in each separate building when clients are present, shall have a signal system or shall have facility staff visually check on all clients no less than on an hourly basis.
(2) If a signal system is used, it shall meet the following requirements.
(A) Operation from each client's sleeping unit.
(B) Transmission of a visual and/or auditory signal to a central location, or production of an auditory signal at the client's living unit which is loud enough to summon staff.
(C) Identification of the specific client's sleeping unit from which the signal originates.
Note: Authority cited: Section 1530, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 5670 and 5671, Welfare and Institutions Code; and Sections 1501, 1502(a)(7) and 1531, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 1-7-91; operative 2-2-91 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.2(d) (Register 91, No. 12).
2. Editorial correction of printing error in subsections (e)(2) and (h) (Register 91, No. 32).
3. Change without regulatory amending section heading and subsection (a), adopting new subsections (a)(1)-(g), relettering subsections and amending Note filed 1-5-2016 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2016, No. 2).
4. Amendment of subsection (f)-(f)(1), new subsection (f)(1)(A) and amendment of subsection (f)(2) filed 9-7-2017; operative 9-7-2017 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2017, No. 36).
This database is current through 11/19/21 Register 2021, No. 47
22 CCR § 81088, 22 CA ADC § 81088
|End of Document|