(a) The Grantee shall certify to the Authority that the Project is complete and, to the extent not already provided to the Authority, provide supporting documentation as follows:
1. Construction Projects require documentation including, but not limited to, copies of the certificate of occupancy, final payment certification by the architect, final payment request from the contractor and corresponding copies of cancelled checks or other documentation supporting payment.
2. Real property acquisition Projects require a copy of the final closing statement with certification by the title company.
3. Equipment acquisition Projects require complete packages of purchase orders, invoices and copies of cancelled checks or other documentation supporting payment.
(b) If the Grantee fails to complete the Project within eighteen (18) months from the Final Allocation date (plus any Authority or Authority Staff approved extensions), the Authority may require remedies, including forfeiture and return of the Grant to the Authority.
(c) On a case-by-case basis, the Authority or the Authority Staff may approve a time extension beyond 18 months for extraordinary or unavoidable delays where the Grantee can demonstrate that it occurred through no fault of its own.
(d) Documentation provided to establish the completion of a Project should clearly show that the Grant award did not exceed the cost of the Project.
(e) Upon receipt of acceptable documentation exhibiting project completion, the Authority shall release the 10 percent retention of Grant funds to the Grantee.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 15437 and 15438(d), Government Code. Reference: Sections 15438(q) and 15438.6, Government Code.
1. New section filed 11-28-2005 as an emergency; operative 11-28-2005 (Register 2005, No. 48). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 3-28-2006 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Repealed by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(g) (Register 2007, No. 11).
3. New section filed 3-13-2007; operative 3-13-2007 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2007, No. 11).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 4, § 7095, 4 CA ADC § 7095