The following provisions apply to the release of funds to Eligible Hospitals.
(a) No Grant shall be released to an Eligible Hospital until the following information has been provided to the Authority staff:
(1) For all Projects, with the exception of equipment acquisition, any supporting documentation that was incomplete with the Application shall be finalized and submitted along with a copy of the executed construction contract and the building permit.
(2) For Projects that include architect, design and engineering fees to be paid with Grant proceeds, all applicable executed architect, design and engineering contracts.
(3) For equipment acquisition Projects:
(A) Any supporting documentation that was incomplete when the Application was submitted or not provided at that time shall be finalized and submitted along with a list of items to be purchased and all purchase orders.
(4) Evidence that all other funds, if needed, are in place to complete the Project.
(5) For all construction Projects, evidence of compliance with Section 7001, subdivision (b)(4).
(6) An executed Grant Agreement.
(7) When applicable, evidence that there are no outstanding issues related to CEQA if this information was not provided with the Application.
(8) When applicable, evidence of compliance with prevailing wage law under Labor Code Section 1720 et seq.
(b) No Grant funds shall be released to an Eligible Hospital until the Authority staff has determined the Project is ready and feasible. This determination shall be made by evaluating the Grantee's documentation addressing the evaluation criteria listed in Section 7007.1, subdivision (c).
(1) The determination that the Grantee has met the requirements in Section 7007.1, subdivision (c)(2)(B) may occur at the time of Initial Allocation or within twelve (12) months of Final Allocation as specified in Section 7007.1, subdivision (c)(2)(B)(i).
(2) If the determination is made after Final Allocation, the determination shall be based on updated information provided to the Authority by the Grantee in accordance with Section 7007.1, subdivision (c)(2)(B).
(3) Limited extensions beyond the timeframe specified in Section 7007.1, subdivision (c)(2)(B)(i), shall be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Executive Director for good cause, including but not limited to reasonable delays associated with obtaining building and conditional use permits, or obtaining CEQA compliance documentation.
(A) The Grantee shall submit a written extension request to the Executive Director no later than 30 calendar days prior to the end of the twelve (12) month period as specified in Section 7007.1, subdivision (c)(2)(B)(i) including but not limited to, the additional time needed, reason for the delays, and progress towards meeting the requirements in Section 7007.1, subdivision (c)(2)(B).
(4) Failure to demonstrate readiness and feasibility within the timeframe dictated by the Authority shall cancel the Grant and the Grant funds shall be made available to other Applicants.
(c) Documentation provided for the release of Grant funds shall clearly show that the Grant award does not exceed the cost of the Project.
(d) Grant funds shall be released on a periodic basis upon receipt of a request for disbursement of Grant funds.
(1) A request for disbursement of funds shall be on official letterhead and include the amount of funds requested and copies of applicable supporting documentation justifying funds requested.
(2) Where a Project includes elements required to serve non-pediatric populations, the Grant funds shall be limited to the proportionate cost of providing care to the pediatric population.
(3) The amount of Grant funds disbursed may be less than the amount requested if the disbursement request does not comply with the appropriate proportionate share use methodology as determined by the Authority.
(e) Interest earnings on any previously released portion of the Grant shall be paid to the Authority prior to final release of Grant funds to the Grantee.
(f) No Grant funds shall be released if there are any outstanding issues related to the Grantee's compliance with all other applicable laws.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 1179.85, 1179.87 and 1179.91, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1179.82, 1179.85, 1179.87 and 1179.88, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 4-12-2019 as an emergency; operative 4-12-2019 (Register 2019, No. 15). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-9-2019 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section, including amendment of subsections (a)(1), (b)(1)-(2), (d) and (e)-(f), refiled 10-7-2019 as an emergency; operative 10-10-2019 (Register 2019, No. 41). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-8-2020 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. New section, including 10-7-2019 amendments, refiled 1-8-2020 as an emergency; operative 1-9-2020 (Register 2020, No. 2). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 4-8-2020 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 1-8-2020 order transmitted to OAL 12-3-2019 and filed 1-16-2020 (Register 2020, No. 3).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.