The following provisions apply to the release of funds to Non University of California Children's Hospitals.
(a) No Grant shall be released until the following information has been provided to the Authority staff:
(1) For all Projects with the exception of equipment acquisition or real property acquisition Projects, any supporting documentation that was incomplete with the Application shall be finalized and submitted along with a copy of the executed construction contract and the building permit.
(2) For Projects that include architect, design and engineering fees to be paid with Grant proceeds, all applicable executed architect, design and engineering contracts.
(3) For real property acquisition Projects:
(A) A copy of the executed purchase and sale agreement.
(B) A copy of an appraisal, the appraised value of which (when added to the amount of reasonable transaction and closing costs) shall not be less than the sum of the Grant and all other funding sources necessary to acquire the Project.
(i) The appraisal shall be within six months of the date of the executed purchase and sale agreement and shall be completed by a state certified appraiser.
(4) For equipment acquisition Projects:
(A) Any supporting documentation that was incomplete when the Application was submitted, or not provided at that time, shall be finalized and submitted along with a list of items to be purchased and all purchase orders.
(5) Evidence that all other funds, if needed, are in place to complete the Project.
(6) For all construction Projects, evidence of compliance with Section 7001, subdivision (b)(4).
(7) An executed Grant Agreement.
(8) When applicable, evidence that there are no outstanding issues related to CEQA if this information was not provided with the Application.
(9) When applicable, evidence of compliance with prevailing wage law under Labor Code Section 1720 et seq.
(b) Documentation provided for the release of Grant funds shall clearly show that the Grant award does not exceed the cost of the Project.
(c) Grant funds shall be released on a periodic basis upon receipt of a request for disbursement of Grant funds.
(1) A request for disbursement of funds shall be on official letterhead and include the amount of funds requested and copies of applicable supporting documentation justifying funds requested.
(2) Where a Project includes elements required to serve non-pediatric populations, the Grant funds shall be limited to the proportionate cost of providing care to the pediatric population.
(3) The amount of Grant funds disbursed may be less than the amount requested if the disbursement request does not comply with the appropriate proportionate share use methodology as determined by the Authority.
(d) Interest earnings on any previously released portion of the Grant shall be paid to the Authority prior to final release of Grant funds to the Grantee.
(e) No Grant funds shall be released if there are any outstanding issues related to the Grantee's compliance with all other applicable laws.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 1179.85, 1179.87 and 1179.91, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1179.82, 1179.85, 1179.87 and 1179.88, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 4-12-2019 as an emergency; operative 4-12-2019 (Register 2019, No. 15). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-9-2019 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section, including amendment of subsections (d)-(e), refiled 10-7-2019 as an emergency; operative 10-10-2019 (Register 2019, No. 41). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-8-2020 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. New section, including 10-7-2019 amendments, refiled 1-8-2020 as an emergency; operative 1-9-2020 (Register 2020, No. 2). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 4-8-2020 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 1-8-2020 order transmitted to OAL 12-3-2019 and filed 1-16-2020 (Register 2020, No. 3).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.