§ 21565. CIWMB--Exemptions from Requirement of a Permit or Other Regulatory Tier Requirements. ...
27 CA ADC § 21565Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
Barclays California Code of Regulations
Title 27. Environmental Protection
Division 2. Solid Waste (Refs & Annos)
Subdivision 1. Consolidated Regulations for Treatment, Storage, Processing or Disposal of Solid Waste
Chapter 4. Documentation and Reporting for Regulatory Tiers, Permits, WDRs, and Plans
Subchapter 3. Development of Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs) and Solid Waste Facility Permits
Article 1. General
27 CCR § 21565
§ 21565. CIWMB--Exemptions from Requirement of a Permit or Other Regulatory Tier Requirements. (T14:§ 18215)
(a) After a public hearing the EA may grant an exemption from the requirement that the operator of a facility or operation obtain a permit or comply with other Regulatory Tier Requirements established in Title 14, California Code of Regulations, section 18100 et seq. Such an exemption may be granted if the facility falls within one of the classifications in subsection (b) and all of the following findings are made:
(2) Drilling mud disposal sumps for short-term use (less than one year) if significant quantities of hazardous or toxic materials are not present in the mud, fluids and cuttings from drilling and associated operations; [Note: currently, on-site sumps are exempted under T23 § 2511(g) & in § 20090(g) of this subdivision]
(6) Disposal sites to be used exclusively for one of the following: for spreading of either cannery wastes or oily wastes, mine tailings, ashes and residues, agricultural wastes, street sweepings, dirt from excavations, slag if disposed of on site, or waste water treatment sludge if disposed of on site or to specified agricultural lands; and
(c) The EA may inspect any exempted facility in accordance with CCR, Title 14, Division 7, Chapter 5, Article 2.2, section 18083. Where the EA has reason to believe that circumstances have changed and the findings made pursuant to subsection (a) can no longer be supported, the EA may, after holding a public hearing, rescind the exemption.
[Comment: In exempting facilities, the EA should recognize that only facilities which are solid waste facilities or operations, as defined in Public Resources Code section 40194, must obtain either a permit or an exemption. The following are examples of facilities that need not apply for an exemption or a permit:
Note: Authority cited: Section 40502, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 43020, 43021 and 43103, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 6-18-97; operative 7-18-97 (Register 97, No. 25).
2. Amendment of section heading and section filed 7-10-2003; operative 8-9-2003 (Register 2003, No. 28).
3. Amendment of subsection (b)(3) filed 12-26-2003; operative 2-24-2004 (Register 2003, No. 52).
4. Editorial correction of History 3 (Register 2004, No. 2).
5. Editorial correction of section heading (Register 2004, No. 22).
This database is current through 12/1/23 Register 2023, No. 48.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 27, § 21565, 27 CA ADC § 21565
|End of Document|