§ 3369.5. Research.
15 CA ADC § 3369.5BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 15. Crime Prevention and Corrections
Division 3. Adult Institutions, Programs and Parole
Chapter 1. Rules and Regulations of Adult Operations and Programs
Subchapter 4. General Institution Regulations
Article 9.1. Research of Inmates/Parolees (Refs & Annos)
15 CCR § 3369.5
§ 3369.5. Research.
(a) No research shall be conducted on inmates/parolees without approval of the research advisory committee established to oversee research activities within the department. Members of the research advisory committee shall be named by the Secretary, and may include departmental staff and nondepartmental persons who are community academic representatives engaged in criminal justice research.
(b) No research project shall be considered without submission of a research proposal that shall contain the following:
(1) A statement of the objectives of the study.
(2) The specific values of the project.
(3) A description of the research methods to be used.
(4) A description of the measuring devices to be used, or if they are to be developed as part of the project, a statement of their intended use and reason.
(5) The name of the facility or office where the data will be collected.
(6) The names and titles of personnel involved and their responsibilities in the project.
(7) An estimate of departmental staff time needed for the project.
(8) Starting and ending dates of the research.
(9) Any additional costs to the state.
(10) An estimate of the inmate/parolee subjects' time needed for the project and a plan for the compensation of the inmates/parolees.
(11) The source of funding.
(12) A copy of the informed consent form to be used in the project which meets the requirements of Penal Code section 3521.
(13) A current resume for each professional staff member of the project.
(14) The full name, date of birth, and social security number of all project staff members who will enter an institution or other departmental facility to carry out the project.
(15) A certification of privacy signed by the project's principal investigator which outlines the procedure for protecting exempt personal information and certifies that the protective procedures shall be followed.
(16) If student research is involved, a letter from the student's faculty advisor stating that the student will be working under their supervision and the project is approved by their college/university.
(17) If the proposal was previously reviewed by a committee of another agency or organization, a copy of the record of that committee's approval.
(c) A nondepartmental person, agency or organization applying to conduct research within the department shall submit to the committee for approval a signed agreement to adhere to all departmental requirements.
(d) Any person, agency or organization conducting research shall, as requested by the department's chief of research or designee, submit progress reports on their projects.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 3509.5, 3517 and 5058, Penal Code. Reference: Sections 3500 through 3524 and 5054, Penal Code.
1. Change without regulatory effect adding new article 9.1 (section 3369.5) and renumbering former section 3439 to new section 3369.5 filed 8-1-96 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 96, No. 31).
2. Amendment of subsection (a), including incorporation of portion of former subsection (a)(5) and repealer of subsections (a)(1)-(5) filed 7-3-2001; operative 8-2-2001 (Register 2001, No. 27)
3. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 12-9-2008; operative 1-8-2009 (Register 2008, No. 50).
This database is current through 1/3/20 Register 2020, No. 1
15 CCR § 3369.5, 15 CA ADC § 3369.5
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|