§ 58601. Definitions.
17 CA ADC § 58601BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 2. Health and Welfare Agency - Department of Developmental Services Regulations
Chapter 3. Community Services
Subchapter 19. Supported Living Service
Article 1. Definitions
17 CCR § 58601
§ 58601. Definitions.
(a) The following definitions shall apply to the regulations contained in Subchapter 19:
(1) “Circle of Support” means an informal but identifiable and reliable group of people who, pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4512(f), meet and communicate regularly to offer support, at a frequency and in a manner consistent with and appropriate to the need, to the consumer for whose benefit it exists.
(2) “Direct Service(s)” means any service component enumerated in Section 58614.
(3) “Home” means, with respect to the home of a consumer receiving SLS, a house or apartment, or comparable dwelling space meeting community housing standards, which is neither a community care facility, health facility, nor a family home certified by a Family Home Agency, and in which no parent or conservator of the consumer resides, and which a consumer chooses, owns or rents, controls, and occupies as a principal place of residence.
(4) “Individual Program Plan (IPP)” means a written plan that is developed jointly by the consumer, one or more representatives of the regional center, and other persons pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4646(d), through a process which identifies the consumer's needs and preferences and adopts a cost-effective strategy for meeting them.
(5) “Internal Grievance Procedure” means the written set of procedures, established pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4705(a), a SLS vendor uses to achieve the communication and resolution of consumer dissatisfaction.
(6) “Personal Advocate” means a person chosen by the consumer to assist in representing and expressing the consumer's interests and preferences, or, when appropriate, means the conservator or other person legally authorized to act on the consumer's behalf.
(7) “Supported Living Arrangement” means the full array of regional center-funded services and supports received by a SLS consumer, including SLS, day program, transportation, and all other regional center services and supports.
Note: Authority cited: Section 11152, Government Code; and Sections 4648(a)(3), 4689, 4689.7(c) and 4690, Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Sections 4648, 4689 and 4689.7(c), Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New section filed 8-14-95 as an emergency; operative 8-14-95 (Register 95, No. 33). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 12-12-95 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled 12-4-95 as an emergency; operative 12-12-95 (Register 95, No. 49). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 4-10-96 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. New section refiled 4-8-96 as an emergency; operative 4-10-96 (Register 96, No. 15). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 8-6-96 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 8-14-95 order, including amendment of section and Note , transmitted to OAL 8-8-96 and filed 9-20-96 (Register 96, No. 38).
5. Repealer of subsection (a)(2), subsection renumbering, amendment of newly designated subsections (a)(2)-(3) and amendment of Note filed 4-18-2000; operative 5-18-2000 (Register 2000, No. 16).
This database is current through 5/6/22 Register 2022, No. 18
17 CCR § 58601, 17 CA ADC § 58601
|End of Document|