§ 11518.40. LEA ELPAC Coordinator.
5 CA ADC § 11518.40BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 1. California Department of Education
Chapter 11. Special Programs
Subchapter 7.6. English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (Elpac)
Article 5. LEA Responsibilities
5 CCR § 11518.40
§ 11518.40. LEA ELPAC Coordinator.
(a) No later than April 1 of each year, each LEA superintendent shall designate an LEA ELPAC coordinator for the following school year. An LEA superintendent shall notify the test contractor of the identity and contact information for the LEA ELPAC coordinator. The LEA ELPAC coordinator shall be available throughout the school year and shall serve as the LEA representative and the liaison between the LEA and the CDE and the LEA and test contractor for all matters related to the ELPAC and the Alternate ELPAC. Should the LEA ELPAC coordinator be unavailable for any matter related to the ELPAC, the LEA superintendent or his or her designee shall serve in the place of the LEA ELPAC coordinator.
(b) The LEA ELPAC coordinator shall annually complete all duties in accordance with instructions from the test contractor. The LEA ELPAC coordinator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
(1) Determining LEA and individual school test material needs in conjunction with the test contractor.
(2) Ordering materials only for those test examiners who certify they are trained to administer the ELPAC.
(3) Ensuring delivery, acquisition, and distribution of test materials to individual schools and sites.
(4) Maintaining security over the test materials and personally identifiable information using the procedure set forth in section 11518.50. The LEA ELPAC coordinator shall electronically agree to the ELPAC Test Security Agreement and the ELPAC Test Security Affidavit, as set forth in section 11518.50, and submit a copy of both to the test contractor prior to receipt of test materials.
(5) Conducting an inventory of test materials immediately upon receipt from the test contractor.
(6) Following completion of the inventory, ensuring that the test materials are retained in a secure, locked location, in the secure boxes in which they were received from the test contractor, until the time they are delivered to the test sites.
(7) Training site ELPAC coordinators to oversee test administration and security at each test site.
(8) Ensuring that all ELPAC test examiners and all other personnel involved in the direct administration and scoring of the initial and summative assessments are trained, in accordance with instructions from the test contractor.
(9) Assisting the test contractor with the resolution of any discrepancies in pupil test information and/or test materials including, but not limited to, pre-identification files and all errors or discrepancies in pupil-level data files, required to comply with section 11518.45.
(10) Overseeing the collection of all pupil demographic data in accordance with section 11518.75.
(11) Responding to correspondence and inquiries from the test contractor and the CDE in a timely manner.
(12) Overseeing the administration of the ELPAC and Alternate ELPAC to eligible pupils.
(13) Immediately notifying the test contractor of any security breaches or testing irregularities that occur in the LEA before, during, or after the administration of the ELPAC in accordance with instructions from the test contractor.
(14) Ensuring all test materials are received from school test sites in sufficient time to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (b)(16).
(15) Ensuring all test materials received from school test sites have been placed in a secure location upon receipt of those test materials.
(16) Ensuring all test materials to be scored by the test contractor are inventoried, packaged, and labeled in accordance with instructions from the test contractor. Test materials shall be returned to the test contractor at the time and in the manner specified by the test contractor.
(17) Overseeing the collection and return, or collection and secure destruction, of all test materials that do not require scoring by the test contractor, in accordance with the directions of and time periods specified by the test contractor. Test materials that were administered to pupils who are not eligible for the assessment as set forth in section 11518(ag) or (ah) shall also be securely destroyed or returned, in accordance with the directions specified by the test contractor.
(18) Upon receiving summary reports and files from the test contractor, reviewing the files and reports for completeness and accuracy and notifying the test contractor and the CDE of any errors, discrepancies, or incomplete information as directed by the test contractor. The LEA coordinator shall certify the accuracy of the apportionment information report of the initial and summative assessments administered during the prior fiscal year if designated to do so by the LEA superintendent.
Note: Authority cited: Section 33031, Education Code. Reference: Sections 306, 313 and 60810, Education Code; 20 U.S.C. Sections 1412, 6311, 6312, 6821, 6823, 6825 and 6826; and 34 Code of Federal Regulations Section 200.6.
1. New article 5 (sections 11518.40-11518.80) and section filed 6-5-2017; operative 10-1-2017 (Register 2017, No. 23).
2. Amendment of subsections (b)(4), (b)(17) and (b)(18) filed 8-3-2018 as an emergency; operative 8-3-2018 (Register 2018, No. 31). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-30-2019 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 8-3-2018 order transmitted to OAL 11-16-2018 and filed 12-31-2018 (Register 2019, No. 1).
4. Amendment of section and Note filed 8-1-2019 as an emergency; operative 8-1-2019 (Register 2019, No. 31). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-28-2020 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
This database is current through 8/30/19 Register 2019, No. 35
5 CCR § 11518.40, 5 CA ADC § 11518.40
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|