§ 430. Definition.
5 CA ADC § 430BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 1. California Department of Education
Chapter 2. Pupils
Subchapter 2. Records of Pupils
Article 3. Individual Pupil Records
5 CCR § 430
§ 430. Definition.
(a) “Pupil” means a person who is or was enrolled in a school.
(b) “Adult Pupil” means a person who is or was enrolled in school and who is at least 18 years of age.
(c) “Eligible Pupil” means a person 16 years or older or who has completed Grade 10.
(d) “Pupil Record” means information relative to an individual pupil gathered within or without the school system and maintained within the school system, regardless of the physical form in which it is maintained. Essential in this definition is the idea that any information which is maintained for the purpose of second party review is considered a pupil record.
(1) “Mandatory Permanent Pupil Records” are those records which are maintained in perpetuity and which schools have been directed to compile by California statute, regulation, or authorized administrative directive.
(2) “Mandatory Interim Pupil Records” are those records which the schools are directed to compile and maintain for stipulated periods of time and are then destroyed as per California statute, regulation, or authorized administrative directive.
(3) “Permitted Pupil Records” are those records having clear importance only to the current educational process of the student.
(e) “District” means a local school district or county or state operated special school or private or out-of-state school for which California tax revenues pay all or part of the tuition.
Note: Authority cited for Article 3: Section 33031 and 49062, Education Code and 20 U.S.C.s 1232(g). Reference: Section 49062, Education Code.
1. Repealer of Article 3 (Sections 430-432) and new Article 3 (Sections 430-438) filed 9-27-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 40).
2. Amendment of NOTE filed 9-23-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 39).
This database is current through 11/22/19 Register 2019, No. 47
5 CCR § 430, 5 CA ADC § 430
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|