§ 1069. Inmate Orientation.
15 CA ADC § 1069BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 15. Crime Prevention and Corrections
Division 1. Board of State and Community Corrections
Chapter 1. Board of State and Community Corrections
Subchapter 4. Minimum Standards for Local Detention Facilities
Article 6. Inmate Programs and Activities
15 CCR § 1069
§ 1069. Inmate Orientation.
(a) In Type II, III, and IV facilities, the facility administrator shall develop written policies and procedures for the implementation of a program reasonably understandable to inmates designed to orient a newly received inmate at the time of placement in a living area. Such a program shall be published and include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) correspondence, visiting, and telephone usage rules;
(2) rules and disciplinary procedures;
(3) inmate grievance procedures;
(4) programs and activities available and method of application;
(5) medical services;
(6) classification/housing assignments;
(7) court appearance where scheduled, if known;
(8) voting, including registration; and,
(9) zero tolerance policy against sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
(b) In Type I facilities, the facility administrator shall develop written policies and procedures for a program reasonably understandable to non-sentenced detainees to orient an inmate at the time of placement in a living area. Such a program shall be published and include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) rules and disciplinary procedures;
(2) visiting rules;
(3) availability of personal care items, opportunities for personal hygiene;
(4) availability of reading and recreational materials; and,
(5) medical/mental health procedures.
Note: Authority cited: Section 6030, Penal Code. Reference: Section 6030, Penal Code.
1. Editorial correction of NOTE filed 9-30-82 (Register 82, No. 40).
2. Change without regulatory effect of initial paragraph (Register 86, No. 32).
3. Amendment relettering existing provisions as subsections (a)(1) through (a)(7) and new subsection (b) filed 2-27-91; operative 3-29-91 (Register 91, No. 13).
4. Amendment of subsections (a)-(a)(7), (b) and (b)(4) filed 8-4-94; operative 9-5-94 (Register 94, No. 31).
5. Amendment filed 1-11-2001; operative 2-10-2001 (Register 2001, No. 2).
6. Amendment of subsections (a)(6) and (a)(7), new subsection (a)(8) and amendment of Note filed 8-20-2012; operative 9-19-2012 (Register 2012, No. 34).
7. Amendment of subsections (a)(7) and (a)(8), new subsection (a)(9) and amendment of Note filed 9-13-2018; operative 1-1-2019 (Register 2018, No. 37).
This database is current through 6/26/20 Register 2020, No. 26
15 CCR § 1069, 15 CA ADC § 1069
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|