§ 66262.23. Use of the Manifest.
22 CA ADC § 66262.23BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 4.5. Environmental Health Standards for the Management of Hazardous Waste
Chapter 12. Standards Applicable to Generators of Hazardous Waste
Article 2. the Manifest
22 CCR § 66262.23
§ 66262.23. Use of the Manifest.
(a) The generator of any hazardous or extremely hazardous waste to be transported off-site or into California shall:
(1) complete the generator and waste section and sign the manifest certification according to the instructions in the Appendix to this chapter; and
(2) obtain the handwritten signature of the initial transporter and date of acceptance on the manifest; and
(3) retain one copy, in accordance with section 66262.40(a); and
(4) within 30 days of each shipment of hazardous waste submit to the Department a legible copy of each manifest used; and
(5) on or after September 5, 2006, for hazardous waste that is not regulated as a hazardous waste by the U.S. EPA (non-RCRA waste), describe these wastes in Item 9b of the manifest or Item 27b of the continuation sheet as follows:
(A) describe non-RCRA hazardous wastes which do not have a U.S. DOT description indicating a generic name of the waste and the phrase “Non-RCRA Hazardous Waste, Solid” or “Non-RCRA Hazardous Waste, Liquid” for solid or liquid wastes, respectively. When possible, the generic name shall be obtained from chapter 11, Appendix X, subsection (b) of this division. If not listed in chapter 11, Appendix X, subsection (b) of this division, the commonly recognized industrial name of the waste shall be used.
(B) describe non-RCRA hazardous wastes which have a U.S. DOT description by the U.S. DOT description, and
(6) The EPA hazardous waste number, if applicable, can be found in chapter 11, articles 3 and 4 and the California Hazardous Waste Code Number can be found in chapter 11, Appendix XII.
(b) The generator shall give the transporter the remaining copies of the manifest.
(c) For shipments of hazardous waste within the United States solely by water (bulk shipments only), the generator shall send three copies of the manifest dated and signed in accordance with this section to the owner or operator of the designated facility or the last water (bulk shipment) transporter to handle the waste in the United States if exported by water. Copies of the manifest are not required for each transporter.
(d) For rail shipments of hazardous waste within the United States which originate at the site of generation, the generator shall send at least three copies of the manifest dated and signed in accordance with this section to:
(1) the next non-rail transporter, if any; or
(2) the designated facility if transported solely by rail; or
(3) the last rail transporter to handle the waste in the United States if exported by rail.
(e) For shipments of hazardous waste to a designated facility in an authorized State which has not yet obtained authorization to regulate that particular waste as hazardous, the generator shall assure that the designated facility agrees to sign and return the manifest to the generator, and that any out-of-state transporter signs and forwards the manifest to the designated facility.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 25150, 25159, 25161 and 58012, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 25159, 25159.5 and 25160, Health and Safety Code; 40 Code of Federal Regulations Section 262.23.
1. New section filed 5-24-91; effective 7-1-91 (Register 91, No. 22).
2. Change without regulatory effect adding new subsection (e) and amending Note filed pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 92, No. 18).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending subsections (a) and (a)(3), adding subsections (a)(5)-(6) and amending subsection (e) and Note filed 8-24-2006 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2006, No. 34).
This database is current through 1/1/21 Register 2021, No. 1
22 CCR § 66262.23, 22 CA ADC § 66262.23
|End of Document||© 2021 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|