§ 18733.6. Monitoring and Evaluation.
14 CA ADC § 18733.6BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 7. Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
Chapter 9. Planning Guidelines and Procedures for Preparing and Revising Countywide Integrated Waste Management Plans
Article 6.2. Source Reduction and Recycling Elements
14 CCR § 18733.6
§ 18733.6. Monitoring and Evaluation.
(a) Each jurisdiction shall use one or more of the following methods to monitor and evaluate diversion programs being implemented:
(1) for the initial SRRE, a Waste Generation Study consistent with the waste generation study prepared under section 18722, of Article 6.1 of this Chapter;
(2) targeted solid waste characterization studies involving recycling, composting, transformation, and solid waste landfill facilities to measure changes in the volume, or weight of specific materials;
(3) an assessment of any changes in the design, production, distribution, sale, or use of selected products and packages which affect solid waste generation; or
(4) another method for which prior written approval has been given by the Board.
(b) Each jurisdiction shall provide the following information based upon the specific monitoring and evaluation methods selected for each recycling and composting program that is operated or funded by a jurisdiction:
(1) written criteria for evaluating the program's effectiveness;
(2) identification of agencies or divisions thereof, organizations, or persons responsible for the program's monitoring, evaluation, and reporting;
(3) identification of measures to be implemented if monitoring shows a shortfall in the attainment of solid waste diversion objectives of the component or a shortfall in the attainment of the diversion mandates specified in Public Resources Code, sections 41780 and 41780.1. Such measures may include, but are not limited to, provisions for:
(A) increasing the frequency of program monitoring and review, or,
(B) modification of the objectives or diversion alternatives adopted in each component program.
(c) Each recycling or composting component program that is operated or funded by a jurisdiction shall contain an explanation of how the program is to be monitored and evaluated during its implementation. A jurisdiction shall identify the methods to quantify and monitor achievement of the objectives, including but not limited to, diversion from solid waste landfills and transformation facilities and reduction of waste hazards. Actual solid waste diversion shall be quantified in cubic yards, or in tons, and as a percentage of the total solid waste generation of the jurisdiction.
Note: Authority cited: Section 40502, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 40901, 41052, 41072, 41202, 41250, 41260, 41352, 41372, 41402, 41450, 41460, 41780 and 41780.1, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 3-19-90 as an emergency; operative 3-19-90 (Register 90, No. 14). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 7-17-90. For prior history see Registers 89, No. 1 and 83, No. 6.
2. New section refiled 7-6-90 as an emergency; operative 7-17-90 (Register 90, No. 37). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 11-14-90 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Editorial correction of Certificate of Compliance due date in HISTORY 2 (Register 91, No. 13).
4. Request for readoption of 7-6-90 emergency regulations approved by OAL 11-6-90 but never filed with Secretary of State. Section repealed by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(e) (Register 91, No. 13).
5. New section refiled 2-15-91 as an emergency; operative 2-15-91 (Register 91, No. 13). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 6-17-91 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
6. Certificate of Compliance as to 2-15-91 order, including amendment of first paragraph and subsection (b), transmitted to OAL 4-29-91 and filed 5-29-91 (Register 91, No. 37).
7. Amendment of section and Note filed 1-3-94 as an emergency; operative 1-3-94 (Register 94, No.1). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 1-3-97 per Public Resources Code section 40502(c) or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
8. Certificate of Compliance as to 1-3-94 order, including additional amendment of section and Note, transmitted to OAL 12-31-96 and filed 2-13-97 (Register 97, No. 7).
This database is current through 5/6/22 Register 2022, No. 18
14 CCR § 18733.6, 14 CA ADC § 18733.6
|End of Document|