§ 3919. Basin Plan Amendment to Establish a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) and Implementation ...
23 CA ADC § 3919BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 4. Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 1. Water Quality Control Plans, Policies, and Guidelines
Article 2. San Francisco Bay Region
23 CCR § 3919
§ 3919. Basin Plan Amendment to Establish a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) and Implementation Plan for Pathogens in the Sonoma Creek Watershed.
Through Regional Water Board Resolution R2-2006-0042, adopted June 14, 2006, the San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board amended the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay Region (Basin Plan). The Basin Plan amendment includes new regulatory provisions, summarized below:
1. Numeric water quality targets for Sonoma Creek consisting of:
• Geometric mean and single sample maxima for E. coli density, Fecal Coliform densities, and Total Coliform densities. In addition, a prohibition of discharge of untreated or inadequately treated human waste was included.
2. A TMDL for Sonoma Creek consisting of:
• Geometric mean and single sample maxima for E. coli density, Fecal Coliform densities, and Total Coliform densities. All sources of untreated or inadequately treated human waste have an allocation of zero.
3. Allocations of the total maximum daily load among the various sources of pathogens in the Sonoma Creek watershed:
• On-site sewage disposal systems (septic systems)
• Sanitary sewer systems
• Municipal runoff
• Grazing lands
• Municipal wastewater treatment facility
4. The TMDL implementation plan builds upon existing efforts and requires actions by source categories to reduce pathogen loads and achieve allocations. These actions include evaluation of operating practices, development of comprehensive and site-specific pathogen control measures, and submittal of progress reports documenting actions undertaken.
5. A plan and schedule for monitoring and evaluating progress toward meeting targets and implementing proposed actions.
1. New section summarizing amendment to basin plan filed 12-7-2007; amendment approved by State Water Resources Control Board Resolution No. 2007-0054; amendment approved by OAL pursuant to Government Code section 11353 on 12-7-2007 (Register 2007, No. 49).
This database is current through 6/24/22 Register 2022, No. 25
23 CCR § 3919, 23 CA ADC § 3919
|End of Document|