§ 101223. Personal Rights.
22 CA ADC § 101223BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 12. Child Care Facility Licensing Regulations
Chapter 1. Child Care Center General Licensing Requirements
Article 6. Continuing Requirements
22 CCR § 101223
§ 101223. Personal Rights.
(a) The licensee shall ensure that each child is accorded the following personal rights:
(1) To be accorded dignity in his/her personal relationships with staff and other persons.
(2) To be accorded safe, healthful and comfortable accommodations, furnishings and equipment to meet his/her needs.
(3) To be free from corporal or unusual punishment, infliction of pain, humiliation, intimidation, ridicule, coercion, threat, mental abuse or other actions of a punitive nature including but not limited to: interference with functions of daily living including eating, sleeping or toileting; or withholding of shelter, clothing, medication or aids to physical functioning.
(4) To be informed, and to have his/her authorized representative informed, by the licensee of the law regarding complaints including, but not limited to, information on confidentiality and the address and telephone number of the Department's complaint unit.
(5) To be free to attend religious services or activities of his/her choice.
(A) Attendance at religious services in or outside of the center shall be voluntary. The child's authorized representative shall make decisions about the child's attendance at religious services.
(6) Not to be locked in any room, building or center premises by day or night.
(A) The licensee is not prohibited by this provision from locking exterior doors and windows or from establishing rules for the protection of children provided the children are able to exit the center.
(B) The licensee shall obtain prior approval from the Department to utilize means other than those specified in (A) above for securing exterior doors and windows.
(7) Not to be placed in any restraining device. Postural supports may be used as specified in Section 101223.1.
(8) To receive or reject medical care, or health-related services, except for minors for whom a guardian, conservator or other legal authority has been appointed.
(b) The center shall inform each child's authorized representative of the rights specified in (a)(1) through (8) above.
(1) The center shall give each authorized representative a copy of the Personal Rights form (LIC 613A [9/96]).
(A) Each authorized representative shall be asked to sign and date the acknowledgment-of-receipt statement at the bottom of the LIC 613A (9/96). This documentation shall be kept in the child's file.
(2) The center shall post a copy of the LIC 613A (9/96) in a prominent, publicly accessible area in the center.
(c) The licensee shall ensure that each child is accorded the personal rights specified in this section.
Note: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1596.72, 1596.73, 1596.81 and 1597.05, Health and Safety Code.
1. Change without regulatory effect (Register 86, No. 29).
2. Amendment of section, including renumbering of subsections (a)(7)(A)-(E) to new section 101223.1(a)(1)-(5), filed 9-14-98; operative 11-1-98 (Register 98, No. 38).
This database is current through 11/19/21 Register 2021, No. 47
22 CCR § 101223, 22 CA ADC § 101223
|End of Document|