§ 1979. Trifecta.
4 CA ADC § 1979Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
4 CCR § 1979
§ 1979. Trifecta.
(a) The Trifecta is a separate pari-mutuel pool established on a single race. The pool consists of amounts wagered on horses to finish first, second and third in that exact order. It is not a parlay and has no connection with or relation to other pools conducted by the association or to rules governing the distribution of other pools.
(e) In a dead heat for first or second position, only tickets selecting the correct order of finish for the first three finishers shall be winning tickets; that is, two horses in a dead heat for first shall be first and second, in either position; and two horses in a dead heat for second shall be second and third, in either position. In a triple dead heat for first, the three horses shall be the winning combination regardless of the order of selection. In a triple dead heat for second, tickets with the correct first selection and two of the three horses shall be winning tickets. In a triple dead heat for third, tickets with the correct first and second selection and one of the three horses shall be winning tickets.
(f) If no ticket correctly selected the first, second and third position, the net pool shall be paid for tickets that selected first and second. If no ticket selected first and second the net pool shall be paid for tickets that selected first. The association shall refund the entire pool if no ticket selected first.
(g) If the stewards scratch a horse or designate a horse to run for purse only in accordance with Rule 1974 of this article before wagering is closed, the association may exchange any ticket that includes the scratched or designated horse. After wagering is closed, tickets selecting a scratched or designated horse, or a horse the stewards declared a nonstarter, shall be eliminated from the pool and the purchase price refunded.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 19440 and 19590, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 19590, Business and Professions Code.
1. New section filed 3-15-91; operative 3-15-91 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.2(d) (Register 91, No. 15).
2. Repealer of subsections (l) and (m) filed 1-27-92; operative 1-27-92 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.2(d) (Register 92, No. 12).
3. Editorial correction of printing error in subsections (g) and (h) (Register 92, No. 24).
4. Amendment of subsection (e) and repealer of subsection (k) filed 6-9-92; operative 7-9-92 (Register 92, No. 24).
5. Amendment of subsections (a)-(b), repealer and new subsections (c)-(g) and repealer of subsections (h)-(j) filed 6-5-96; operative 6-5-96 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 96, No. 23).
6. Amendment filed 9-30-99; operative 9-30-99 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 99, No. 40).
7. Amendment of subsection (f) filed 12-11-2001; operative 1-10-2002 (Register 2001, No. 50).
8. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 7-21-2009; operative 8-20-2009 (Register 2009, No. 30).
9. Amendment of subsections (c) and (g) filed 7-12-2011; operative 8-11-2011 (Register 2011, No. 28).
This database is current through 9/15/23 Register 2023, No. 37.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 4, § 1979, 4 CA ADC § 1979
|End of Document|