§ 1976.8. Place Pick (n).
4 CA ADC § 1976.8Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
4 CCR § 1976.8
§ 1976.8. Place Pick (n).
(a) The Place Pick (n) is a separate pari-mutuel pool established by the association on a designated number of races. The pool consists of amounts wagered on a horse to finish first or second in each of the races. It is not a parlay and has no connection with or relation to other pools conducted by the association, except for the provisions in subsection (e), or to rules governing the distribution of other pools.
(d) If a ticket in any Place Pick (n) race designates a selection that is scratched, excused or determined by the stewards to be a nonstarter in the race, or designates a selection that runs for purse only in accordance with Rule 1974 of this article, the association may substitute the actual favorite, which is determined by the amounts wagered in the win pool at the time of the start of the race, or may allow patrons the option of selecting an alternate wagering interest. The actual favorite or the alternate wagering interest will be substituted for the non-starting selection or the selection designated to run for purse only for all purposes.
(h) After wagering closes on the first race comprising the Place Pick (n) no ticket shall be sold, exchanged or cancelled. No person shall disclose the number of tickets sold in the Place Pick (n) or the number or amount of tickets that selected winners of Place Pick (n) races until the stewards declare the last race official.
(i) If the racing surface changes from turf to dirt or dirt to turf in any race of a Place Pick (n), and such change is not announced to the public before the close of wagering on the Place Pick (n) pool, all wagers on such race shall be considered winning wagers for the purposes of the Place Pick (n).
Note: Authority: Sections 19440 and 19590, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 19593 and 19594, Business and Professions Code.
1. New section filed 6-4-92; operative 7-6-92 (Register 92, No. 23).
2. Editorial correction of subsection (h)(2) (Register 94, No. 38).
3. Amendment of subsections (g), (i)(3) and (j) and Note filed 9-19-94; operative 10-19-94 (Register 94, No. 38).
4. Amendment of section heading and section filed 7-19-96; operative 8-18-96 (Register 96, No. 29).
5. Amendment of section and Note filed 9-26-2006; operative 10-26-2006 (Register 2006, No. 39).
6. Editorial correction of subsection (e) (Register 2011, No. 27).
7. Repealer of subsection (d), subsection relettering, amendment of newly designated subsections (d)-(e), repealer of newly designated subsection (e)(1) and amendment of newly designated subsections (e)(2) and (h) filed 7-12-2011; operative 8-11-2011 (Register 2011, No. 28).
This database is current through 9/15/23 Register 2023, No. 37.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 4, § 1976.8, 4 CA ADC § 1976.8
|End of Document|