§ 80046.1. Requirements and Authorization for the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorizatio...
5 CA ADC § 80046.1BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 8. Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Chapter 1. Credentials Issued Under the Teacher Preparation and Licensing Law of 1970
Article 2. Credential Types, Authorizations, and Requirements
5 CCR § 80046.1
§ 80046.1. Requirements and Authorization for the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization.
(a) All individuals assigned to teach adapted physical education shall hold an Adapted Physical Education authorization. The requirements for the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization includes:
(1) One of the following:
(A) A preliminary, clear, professional clear, or life California general education teaching credential based on a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation including student teaching that authorizes the teaching of physical education in any grades K-12; or
(B) A preliminary, professional clear, Level I, Level II, clear or life special education teaching credential or a preliminary, clear, or life special education services credential with a special class authorization as listed in sections 80047 through 80047.9 provided that the individual has completed a minimum of twelve semester units, or the equivalent quarter units, in physical education content courses with a minimum of three- semester units, or the equivalent quarter units, in both kinesiology and motor development,
(2) Completion of a Commission-approved professional program for the Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization, based on the Education Specialist Teaching and Other Related Services Credentials Program Standards (rev. 3/11) available on the Commission's website and hereby incorporated by reference, including successful completion of supervised field study in adapted physical education, and
(3) Verification of completion from a Commission-approved program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation as provided in Education Code Section 44373(c).
(b) Period of Validity. The Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization, the Adapted Physical Education Specialist Credential, and the Adapted Physical Education Emphasis Credential remains valid as long as the appropriate prerequisite credential or authorization required in subsection (a)(1)(A) or (B) remains valid.
(c) Authorization. The Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization, the Adapted Physical Education Specialist Credential, and the Adapted Physical Education Emphasis Credential authorize the holder to conduct Educational Assessments related to student's progress towards meeting instructional physical education goals, provide instruction, and Special Education Support to teach students with special needs who are precluded from participation in the activities of the general physical education program or a specially designed physical education program in a special class, from birth through age 22, including preschool, and in classes organized primarily for adults.
(1) “Educational Assessment”: Assessment of students in a comprehensive manner within the authorization of the added authorization using multiple sources of information and a variety of strategies that directly measure a student's performance to meet goals in areas of grade-level academic curriculum and/or functional goals designed to meet the Individualized Education Program (IEP), Individualized Family Service Program (IFSP), and/or Individualized Transition Plan (ITP) goals and objectives regarding eligibility and services that directly result from the student's disability according to state and federal accountability systems. The assessment process may include both formal and informal assessments to evaluate students' educational instruction needs and strengths for the purpose of making accommodations, modifications, and instructional decisions.
(2) “Special Education Support”: Support includes participation in the IEP, IFSP, and/or ITP process including planning and implementation of the student's IEP, IFSP, and/or ITP; providing consultative, collaborative, and coordinating instruction with students, parents, teachers including general education teachers, and other community and school personnel; planning, developing, and implementing instructional program plans relative and within the authorization of the added authorization. Special Education Support does not include providing speech, language and hearing, orientation and mobility, or audiology services found in Sections 80048.9, 80048.9.1, and 80048.9.2.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 44225 and 44265, Education Code. Reference: Sections 44273, 56363(b)(5) and 56100(f), Education Code.
1. New section filed 11-15-85; effective upon filing pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.2(d) (Register 85, No. 46).
2. Amendment of section heading, section and Note filed 6-20-2011; operative 7-20-2011 (Register 2011, No. 25).
This database is current through 7/29/22 Register 2022, No. 30
5 CCR § 80046.1, 5 CA ADC § 80046.1
|End of Document|