(a) Minimum Requirements. The items of information required by this article are minimum requirements which must be included on estimates and work orders. Other information may be included if it does not detract from or obscure the information required in these regulations.
(b) Heading on Estimate and Work Order Forms. The following statement shall appear at the top of each estimate or work order form:
This form required by Sections 19162 and 19163 of the California Business and Professions Code.
(c) Designation of Forms. The form shall provide a means by which the custom upholsterer can indicate whether the form constitutes an estimate, work order, or both. This shall appear immediately below the statement required in (b) above.
(d) Specific Information Required. The custom upholsterer shall include on each estimate or work order form:
(1) The name, registry number, address and telephone number of the firm.
(2) The customer's name, address and telephone number.
(3) A reasonably detailed description of the article to be upholstered.
(4) Description of work to be done as follows:
(A) Whether new cushions are to be provided and if so, specify type of cushion.
(B) Whether existing fabric(s) are to be completely removed.
(C) If springs are to be retied.
(D) If new filling material is to be used and if so, the form must state that a green law label specifying the contents of the article is to be attached.
(E) If frame is to be re-glued.
(F) Sufficient space to specify work to be done other than that shown above.
(5) Fabric information as follows:
(A) Kind of fiber fabric is composed of (generic name).
(B) Amount of yards required.
(D) Price of fabric per yard.
(E) If the fabric is stain repellant.
(6) Estimated date of completion.
(7) Total cost delivered to the customer.
(8) Dated signature of the customer.
(9) Dated signature of the firm representative.
(10) A space for any additional information or conditions pertaining to the estimate or work order.
(11) The time period within which the estimate is valid.
(e) Additional Charges. The following statement shall appear at the bottom of each estimate or work order: “Sections 19162 and 19163 of the Business and Professions Code provide that no charge shall be made in excess of the estimated price without the oral or written consent of the customer.”
Note: Authority cited: Sections 19034 and 19163, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 19162 and 19163, Business and Professions Code.
1. Renumbering and amendment of former Section 1375.4 to Section 1377 filed 10-15-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 42). For prior history, see Register 81, No. 50.
This database is current through 9/15/23 Register 2023, No. 37.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 4, § 1377, 4 CA ADC § 1377