§ 57946. Good Cause.
17 CA ADC § 57946BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 17. Public Health
Division 2. Health and Welfare Agency - Department of Developmental Services Regulations
Chapter 3. Community Services
Subchapter 12. Rate Adjustments, Audit Adjustments and Rate Appeals for Community-Based Day Programs
Article 4. Rate Appeals
17 CCR § 57946
§ 57946. Good Cause.
(a) For the purposes of sections 57940 through 57944, good cause for a failure to act is limited to:
(1) A violent act of nature, including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, blizzard or fire; and/or
(2) Arson, vandalism and/or theft of records and/or property, by individuals other than the appellant, which preclude the appellant from filing a timely appeal.
(b) The appellant shall, within a reasonable time, not to exceed 60 days after the vendor has notice of the incident giving rise to its claim of good cause, submit to the Deputy Director or the Director, as appropriate, the basis for its claim of good cause and all supporting documents or other evidence to substantiate its claim. The Deputy Director, Director or Chief Deputy Director, whichever is appropriate, shall, within 30 days of receipt of, the claim and supporting documentation, review the information and render a decision regarding whether good cause has been established.
(c) The Deputy Director, Director or Chief Deputy Director, as appropriate, shall notify the appellant in writing of the good cause determination, and shall specify what action shall be taken, if any, pursuant to sections 57941 through 57944.
Note: Authority cited: Chapter 722, Statutes of 1992, Section 147; and Sections 4691 and 4791(i), Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Sections 4691 and 4791, Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New section filed 6-26-90 as an emergency; operative 7-1-90 (Register 90, No. 36). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-29-90 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-26-90 order transmitted to OAL 9-28-90 and filed 10-29-90 (Register 90, No. 46).
3. Amendment of section filed as an emergency 6-17-93; operative 6-17-93. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to SB485 (Chapter 722, Statutes of 1992) Section 147(a) (Register 93, No. 26).
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 6-17-93 order transmitted to OAL 6-20-94 and filed 8-2-94 (Register 94, No. 31).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
17 CCR § 57946, 17 CA ADC § 57946
|End of Document|