(a) An operator may apply to an EA for a waiver after a disaster or emergency situation as defined in this Article, has been declared. The waiver shall only be granted with the express approval of the EA following a proclamation of emergency or declaration of disaster at the local or state levels.
(b) To obtain a waiver, a solid waste facility operator shall submit a written request to the EA. The request for a waiver shall include, but not be limited to, the following information:
(1) A listing of the existing solid waste facilities permit terms and conditions to be waived in order to facilitate recovery and disposal of disaster debris in the event of a declared disaster or emergency;
(2) A statement of the remaining disposal capacity of the solid waste disposal facility at the time of the request;
(3) A description of all facility-related diversion programs and on-site recycling facilities; and
(4) A listing of locally-approved temporary transfer or processing sites to be used to store disaster debris for future reuse or recycling.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 40502 and 43035, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 40001, 40002, 43020, 43021 and 43035, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 8-21-96; operative 9-20-96 (Register 96, No. 34).
This database is current through 11/11/22 Register 2022, No. 45.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 17210.3, 14 CA ADC § 17210.3