§ 15378. Project.
14 CA ADC § 15378Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
14 CCR § 15378
§ 15378. Project.
(1) An activity directly undertaken by any public agency including but not limited to public works construction and related activities clearing or grading of land, improvements to existing public structures, enactment and amendment of zoning ordinances, and the adoption and amendment of local General Plans or elements thereof pursuant to Government Code Sections 65100-65700.
(d) Where the lead agency could describe the project as either the adoption of a particular regulation under subdivision (a)(1) or as a development proposal which will be subject to several governmental approvals under subdivisions (a)(2) or (a)(3), the lead agency shall describe the project as the development proposal for the purpose of environmental analysis. This approach will implement the lead agency principle as described in Article 4.
Note: Authority cited: Section 21083, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 21065, Public Resources Code; Kaufman and Broad-South Bay, Inc. v. Morgan Hill Unified School District, (1992) 9 Cal.App.4th 464; and Fullerton Joint Union High School District v. State Board of Education, (1982) 32 Cal.3d 779; Simi Valley Recreation and Park District v. Local Agency Formation Commission of Ventura County (1975) 51 Cal.App.3d 648; and Communities for a Better Environment v. California Resources Agency (2002) 103 Cal.App.4th 98.
1. Amendment of subsection (b)(3), repealer and new subsection (b)(5) and amendment of Note filed 8-19-94; operative 9-19-94 (Register 94, No. 33).
2. Amendment of subsection (a) and Note filed 5-27-97; operative 5-27-97 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 97, No. 22).
3. Amendment of subsections (b)(1)-(5) and amendment of Note filed 10-26-98; operative 10-26-98 pursuant to Public Resources Code section 21087 (Register 98, No. 44).
4. Change without regulatory effect repealing subsection (b)(5) and amending Note filed 7-22-2003 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2003, No. 30).
5. Amendment of subsection (b)(3) and new subsection (b)(5) filed 9-7-2004; operative 9-7-2004 pursuant to Public Resources Code section 21083(e) (Register 2004, No. 37).
6. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (d) and Note filed 10-6-2005 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2005, No. 40).
This database is current through 3/10/23 Register 2023, No. 10.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 15378, 14 CA ADC § 15378
|End of Document|