(a) The definitions of this section supplement and are governed by the definitions set forth in Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 39010), Part 1, Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code. The provisions of this chapter shall also be governed by the definitions set forth in section 2180.1, Title 13, California Code of Regulations including the following modifications:
(1) “Executive Officer” means the Executive Officer of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) or his or her authorized representative.
(2) “Fleet” means any group of 2 or more heavy-duty diesel-powered vehicles which are owned or operated by the same agency or entity.
(3) “Individual directly employed by the owner of the fleet” means a person hired by the fleet having a direct employee/employer relationship, excluding individuals either employed by a third-party or self-employed who contract with a fleet to perform smoke testing for that fleet.
(4) “OBD data review” means a check of the On Board Diagnostics system for fault codes using the procedures described in section 2193(f).
(5) “Post-repair smoke test” means a smoke test following a vehicle repair, conducted using the procedures described in section 2193(d).
(6) “Smoke tester identification number” means the identification number provided by CARB given to a trained smoke tester following the successful completion of an approved training class.
(7) “Smoke test” or “smoke opacity test” means a test of a vehicle's emissions for smoke opacity level conducted using the procedures described in section 2193(d).
(8) “Trained Smoke Tester” means a person who has successfully completed the smoke tester training requirements in accordance with section 2193(g).
Note: Authority cited: Sections 39600, 39601 and 43701(a), Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 39002, 39003, 39010, 39033, 43000, 43018, 43701(a) and 44011.6, Health and Safety Code.
1. New section filed 12-1-93; operative 1-1-95 (Register 93, No. 49).
2. Amendment filed 5-4-98; operative 5-4-98 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 98, No. 19).
3. Amendment filed 5-8-2019; operative 7-1-2019 (Register 2019, No. 19).
This database is current through 11/24/23 Register 2023, No. 47.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 13, § 2191, 13 CA ADC § 2191