§ 15301. Existing Facilities.
14 CA ADC § 15301Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
14 CCR § 15301
§ 15301. Existing Facilities.
Class 1 consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of existing or former use. The types of “existing facilities” itemized below are not intended to be all-inclusive of the types of projects which might fall within Class 1. The key consideration is whether the project involves negligible or no expansion of use.
Examples include but are not limited to:
(c) Existing highways and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycle and pedestrian trails, and similar facilities (this includes road grading for the purpose of public safety, and other alterations such as the addition of bicycle facilities, including but not limited to bicycle parking, bicycle-share facilities and bicycle lanes, transit improvements such as bus lanes, pedestrian crossings, street trees, and other similar alterations that do not create additional automobile lanes).
(d) Restoration or rehabilitation of deteriorated or damaged structures, facilities, or mechanical equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety, unless it is determined that the damage was substantial and resulted from an environmental hazard such as earthquake, landslide, or flood;
(o) Installation, in an existing facility occupied by a medical waste generator, of a steam sterilization unit for the treatment of medical waste generated by that facility provided that the unit is installed and operated in accordance with the Medical Waste Management Act (Section 117600, et seq., of the Health and Safety Code) and accepts no offsite waste.
Note: Authority cited: Section 21083, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 21084, Public Resources Code; North County Advocates v. City of Carlsbad (2015) 241 Cal.App.4th 94; Communities for a Better Environment v. South Coast Air Quality Management Dist. (2010) 48 Cal.4th 310; and Bloom v. McGurk (1994) 26 Cal.App.4th 1307.
1. Amendment of subsections (c), (k), (l)(1)-(3) and (o), and amendment of Note filed 5-27-97; operative 5-27-97 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(d) (Register 97, No. 22).
2. Amendment of section and Note filed 10-26-98; operative 10-26-98 pursuant to Public Resources Code section 21087 (Register 98, No. 44).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (h) filed 2-1-2001 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2001, No. 5).
4. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (l) and Note filed 10-6-2005 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2005, No. 40).
5. Editorial correction restoring inadvertently deleted subsection (l)(1) and correcting History 4 (Register 2011, No. 40).
6. Amendment of first paragraph and subsection (c) and amendment of Note filed 12-28-2018; operative 12-28-2018 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2018, No. 52).
This database is current through 1/20/23 Register 2023, No. 3.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 15301, 14 CA ADC § 15301
|End of Document|