§ 18962. Used Mattress Recovery and Recycling Plan.
14 CA ADC § 18962BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 7. Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
Chapter 11. Product Stewardship
Article 3. Used Mattress Recovery and Recycling Program
14 CCR § 18962
§ 18962. Used Mattress Recovery and Recycling Plan.
(a) A used mattress recovery and recycling plan (plan) shall follow the standard outline below and contain the following:
(1) Proof of Certification.
(2) Program Goals, Methods, and Activities.
(A) Identify program objectives consistent with California's solid waste management hierarchy as required by subdivision (a) of section 42987.1 of the Public Resources Code.
(B) Describe how the program will meet the requirements of subdivisions (d), (g), (i), (j), (k), (l), (m), (o), and (p) of section 42987.1 of the Public Resources Code.
(C) Describe proper end of life management of used mattresses, including but not limited to, a description of how the program will prevent cross contamination of mattresses by bed bugs.
(D) Describe how the program will increase the quantity of materials recovered and recycled, and market development activities that will be conducted in order to ensure these materials will be used.
(E) Describe how the program will provide convenient mattress collection and drop-off services, without unnecessary duplication of effort and expense, including, but not limited to, contractual agreements.
(F) Describe how consumers of mattresses in California will have a convenient opportunity to recycle and properly manage their used mattresses, including the number, location, and type of collection points in the program.
(G) For plans submitted after January 1, 2018, identify objectives and activities that will comply with the state mattress recycling goals, pursuant to section 42987.5 of the Public Resources Code.
(3) Contact information per section 18961.
(4) Stakeholder Consultation Process per subdivision (c) of section 42987.1 and 42987.2 of the Public Resources Code.
(5) Performance Measurement. Include the requirements of subdivisions (f) and (h) of section 42987.1 of the Public Resources Code.
(6) Financing Mechanism. Includes the requirements of subdivisions (e) of section 42987.1 of the Public Resources Code, and audits per subdivision (b) of section 42990 of the Public Resources Code. A mattress recycling organization shall allocate revenues and expenses applicable to this program in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
(7) Education and Outreach. Describe education and outreach efforts as required by subdivision (n) of section 42987.1 of the Public Resources Code, including methods of distribution. The plan may also include a description of education and outreach efforts to all parties affected by the program and may include additional options available for consumers to dispose of their used mattresses, such as mattress renovation.
(8) Advisory Committee Report. Include the report by the mattress recycling organization advisory committee as required by subdivision (q) of section 42987.1 of the Public Resources Code. The mattress recycling organization's plan may include a description of how it addressed the points or recommendations raised in the advisory committee report.
(b) A mattress recycling organization submitting a plan shall provide, upon request, additional information that is reasonably related to compliance with the recycling plan and that the organization can reasonably compile to assist the department as may be necessary for the approval of the plan.
(c) The department shall determine if the plan is complete and notify the submitting mattress recycling organization within 30 days of receipt of the plan. If the department finds that the plan is complete, the department's 90-day review period for consideration of approval of the plan, set forth in section 42987.3 of the Public Resources Code, will commence upon the original date of receipt. If the plan is incomplete, the department shall identify what additional information shall be submitted to make it complete and the plan shall be resubmitted within not less than 30 days or as determined by the director. If the department determines upon resubmittal that the plan is complete, the department's 90-day review period for consideration of approval of the plan will commence upon the original date of receipt of the resubmittal.
(d) If the department conditionally approves a plan, the department shall identify the deficiencies in the plan and the mattress recycling organization shall comply with the conditions of approval within not less than 60 days or as determined by the director of the notice date. If the conditions are met, the department shall approve the plan.
(e) If the department conditionally approves a plan and the conditions are not met, the department shall disapprove the plan.
(f) If the department disapproves a plan, the department shall identify the deficiencies in the plan and the mattress recycling organization shall resubmit a plan or provide supplemental information requested within not less than 60 days of the notice date or as determined by the director.
(g) The mattress recycling plan shall be submitted for re-approval upon any significant or material change, as defined. The department shall review the revised plan within 90 days of receipt. The department may approve, disapprove, or conditionally approve the revised plan. The department may also require the mattress recycling organization to resubmit a revised mattress recycling budget if there is a significant or material change, as defined.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 40401 and 40502, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 42985, 42986, 42987, 42987.1, 42987.2, 42987.3, 42989.1, 42989.2, 42989.2.1 and 42989.3, Public Resources Code.
1. New section filed 7-21-2015; operative 7-21-2015 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(3) (Register 2015, No. 30).
This database is current through 4/22/22 Register 2022, No. 16
14 CCR § 18962, 14 CA ADC § 18962
|End of Document|