§ 1390. Discipline.
15 CA ADC § 1390BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 15. Crime Prevention and Corrections
Division 1. Board of State and Community Corrections
Chapter 1. Board of State and Community Corrections
Subchapter 5. Minimum Standards for Juvenile Facilities
Article 7. Discipline
15 CCR § 1390
§ 1390. Discipline.
The facility administrator shall develop and implement written policies and procedures for the discipline of youth that shall promote acceptable behavior; including the use of positive behavior interventions and supports. Discipline shall be imposed at the least restrictive level which promotes the desired behavior and shall not include corporal punishment, group punishment, physical or psychological degradation. Deprivation of the following is not permitted:
(a) bed and bedding;
(b) daily shower, access to drinking fountain, toilet and personal hygiene items, and clean clothing;
(c) full nutrition;
(d) contact with parent or attorney;
(f) medical services and counseling;
(g) religious services;
(h) clean and sanitary living conditions;
(i) the right to send and receive mail;
(j) education; and,
(k) rehabilitative programming.
The facility administrator shall establish rules of conduct and disciplinary penalties to guide the conduct of youth. Such rules and penalties shall include both major violations and minor violations, be stated simply and affirmatively, and be made available to all youth. Provision shall be made to provide accessible information to youth with disabilities, limited English proficiency, or limited literacy.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 210 and 885, Welfare and Institutions Code. Reference: Section 209, Welfare and Institutions Code.
1. New article 7 (sections 1390-1391) and section filed 3-6-97; operative 4-5-97 (Register 97, No. 10).
2. Amendment of subsections (h) and (i) and new subsection (j) filed 1-11-2001; operative 2-10-2001 (Register 2001, No. 2).
3. Amendment of first paragraph filed 6-18-2007; operative 7-18-2007 (Register 2007, No. 25).
4. Amendment of first paragraph, last paragraph and Note filed 12-2-2013; operative 4-1-2014 (Register 2013, No. 49).
5. Amendment of first paragraph, subsections (i)-(j) and new subsection (k) filed 11-14-2018; operative 1-1-2019 (Register 2018, No. 46).
This database is current through 7/29/22 Register 2022, No. 30
15 CCR § 1390, 15 CA ADC § 1390
|End of Document|